Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-08-2020, 06:09 PM   #4251
Biggunz
Loki

Like to see them booth together if you got pictures

I know there not the same. I just think they were worked off the same 3D rendering with a few slight tweeks which seems lazy.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #4252
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
I remember mentioning that they had a very similar pose but that Odium pulls it off a little better, IMO.
Yeah they hooked up odium a little better because they know it was their own so figured more profit.

I think they dropped juggs a little lower just to throw people off.

Which one is the variant LOL
Old 01-08-2020, 06:36 PM   #4253
Vader
Ghost

Juggy looks much better from the front angle. Straight out of the comics. I think they just nailed it with the juggernaut piece.

I do like the oidum as well. But looks nothing like juggy in my view.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:36 PM   #4254
Vader
Ghost

Juggy looks much better from the front angle. Straight out of the comics. They leaned it like they did to get the amazing look from the front. I think they just nailed it with the juggernaut piece.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	juggernaut-maquette-sideshow-collectibles-x-men-statue-img16.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	127919  
Old 01-08-2020, 08:56 PM   #4255
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Just had a chance to set mine up. Here's my take, the good, the bad, the ugly.

The ugly: The obvious is the outrageous price, as all present statues, but a pity SS went all out, denying many of a sought after character.

The size is also a little underwhelming. Though large enough, I can't help agree with the "size" freaks, where a slightly larger Juggs would have been even more epic, and would help justify the price.

The bad: Though the paint apps are outstanding for the rest of the statue, I feel that the skin paint apps could have been done better. The tones are fine, but would have made the statue pop that much more with a slightly translucent feel to the skin. The paint and shading are good, just seems that the paint was applied a little too heavy handed, possibly "washing-out" some of the intricate skin detailing. Several light coats/washes would have brought the skin/character to life.

The good: Everything else. The sculpt, pose, concept, and design are all extremely well thought out, and executed perfectly. I still don't know how they pulled off this beast slotting into the base so effortlessly. Truly an engineering marvel by the Sideshow team. The fine detailing throughout, elevate the piece, along with the dynamic pose, completely capturing the essence of Juggernaut. Colours are bang on, portrait is great, base is wicked good, tying-in some of the other characters. Truly beautiful work by SS. This line, once complete, will be a collection for the ages.

A true master sculpt. Hoping for a future Hulk and Thing with like minded dynamic poses.

A shout-out to RAINER! Thanks for infecting me with the madness. The disease/addiction has reached new levels, and I'm strapped-in for the glorious ride. Now to work on Colossus to go with this big boy, and the further wait for the beastly sublime Sabretooth. Truly good collecting times.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:05 PM   #4256
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Juggy looks much better from the front angle. Straight out of the comics. They leaned it like they did to get the amazing look from the front. I think they just nailed it with the juggernaut piece.

I agree. Viewing Juggs head-on is the way to go. Straight off a comic cover, the effect is mesmerizing. And from this straight on view, the smashed debris actually looks like it has movement and loft. Brilliant.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:08 PM   #4257
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Juggy looks much better from the front angle. Straight out of the comics. I think they just nailed it with the juggernaut piece.

Juggs should look better straight on
He has the big fists, big boots , and big helmet
I’m just saying besides that the full body is the same but gs just did a quick flip and overall odium got a lot more attention put into detail with raised pose, extra head skulpt, better base, and so on
With a $1k price tag on the exact same statue height,lbs, and width

Just trying to use my knoggn
Old 01-08-2020, 10:25 PM   #4258
Vader
Ghost

It's tough. They were going for a comic look. They did a movie juggernaut maquette some years ago that was more realistic. It's more detail, but not necessarily more work. The engineering on this juggernaut must have been tough. I like it.

I wish it was a bit less. Like 1,000. but i think with thanos, all the prices went up.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:25 PM   #4259
Vader
Ghost

double post.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:22 AM   #4260
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Odium is a way better statue than this juggernaut. It's almost insulting to odium imo.

When you look at the texturing of odium's skin, all the details and you compare it to potato-skin/out-of-scale-pores Juggie, it's even more insulting.

Then there's the complete lack of texturing as well as the very flat paint of Juggernaut's pants.

Everything is better in Odium. That is, except the pose, as they are indeed very similar.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote