Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #2311
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
right but these are the wrong moments to capture imo. all dynamic poses are a snapshot in time but its choosing the right moment to immortalize in statue form is tricky. not all are misses though, i think beast is probably the best
Like I said, most of them to me have great poses, and some are even exceptional, but again to each their own.
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:32 PM   #2312
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Archangel and Beast seem to be the best of the bunch.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:04 PM   #2313
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If I am going to compare the Sentinel dio of IS Studios and XM studios... I'd say IS overall is better.. and here's why...

1.) IS Psylocke, Archangel and Beast is better..
2.) IS Sentinel is more accurate than XM..
3.) IS concept is better than XM..
4.) IS detailing for a 1:10 scale for this line is exceptional, from the base to the statue themselves.
5.) XM PRICE of 1 sentinel dio you can already get 3 sentinel Dio from IS.
6.) IS approach is more comic accurate than XM
7.) and last but definitely not the least.. you'll have a bigger chance to see your IS Sentinel in your display shelves before XM.. hahahahaha
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:05 PM   #2314
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If I am going to compare the Sentinel dio of IS Studios and XM studios... I'd say IS overall is better.. and here's why...

1.) IS Psylocke, Archangel and Beast is better..
2.) IS Sentinel is more accurate than XM..
3.) IS concept is better than XM..
4.) IS detailing for a 1:10 scale for this line is exceptional, from the base to the statue themselves.
5.) XM PRICE of 1 sentinel dio you can already get 3 sentinel Dio from IS.
6.) IS approach is more comic accurate than XM
7.) and last but definitely not the least.. you'll have a bigger chance to see your IS Sentinel in your display shelves before XM.. hahahahaha
Old 03-25-2020, 11:12 PM   #2315
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Ben Ang’s comment about the IS Storm...

When I look at it really feel like laughing.
Yup. Way too close to XM’s Storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
All of these together make a great dio but that last Sentinel, I don’t know what most of the characters are doing. Storm’s positioning doesn’t work for this, Psylocke isn’t focused on her target (compared to Sentinel #1 where each X-Man is focused) and where the hell is Archangel even going? Even Kitty, I’m not sure why she’d be so high on the Sentinel’s leg to do what she does. How and why would she be up all the way up there? In the greater context I suppose it’s all fine but on its own Sentinel #3 is a bit of a mess compared to the rest of the dio which looks great.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:58 AM   #2316
markuz30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

All of these together make a great dio but that last Sentinel, I don’t know what most of the characters are doing. Storm’s positioning doesn’t work for this, Psylocke isn’t focused on her target (compared to Sentinel #1 where each X-Man is focused) and where the hell is Archangel even going? Even Kitty, I’m not sure why she’d be so high on the Sentinel’s leg to do what she does. How and why would she be up all the way up there? In the greater context I suppose it’s all fine but on its own Sentinel #3 is a bit of a mess compared to the rest of the dio which looks great.
that's exactly the reason why I am passing on the Dio no. 3.. the stand alone pieces are much better than the diorama itself. I'll order all the new characters revealed and add them to Dio no 2 since only Gambit is fighting magneto, juggernaut and the sentinel. My rajin Cajun needs back up.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:30 AM   #2317
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

-Storm is about to thunder the ---- out of the sentinel
-Pysloke is done with this Sentinel and shifting her focus on the next one
-Archangel flying by to save some pedestrians
-Kitty was thrown up there by Colossus to disassemble the knee joints

See? a little of imagination will take you a long way, and I know you Peedi have plenty of it
Old 03-26-2020, 08:37 AM   #2318
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
that's exactly the reason why I am passing on the Dio no. 3.. the stand alone pieces are much better than the diorama itself. I'll order all the new characters revealed and add them to Dio no 2 since only Gambit is fighting magneto, juggernaut and the sentinel. My rajin Cajun needs back up.
See? this is why I love this overall dio cause each person can interpret this fight scene differently.
While you see Gambit fighting Magneto and Juggy, I see him teaming up with them against the controlled sentinel, or even throwing his cards at the 3rd sentinel.
LOVE IT!!

I do not think all of the stand alone pieces are great, but this one is outstanding in my opinion
Old 03-26-2020, 09:25 AM   #2319
IzeroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Ben Ang’s comment about the IS Storm...

When I look at it really feel like laughing.
His comment made me chuckle. Some of these 1/10 look ok and then some are just poorly executed. I like the idea behind it but overall it's a miss.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #2320
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
See? this is why I love this overall dio cause each person can interpret this fight scene differently.
While you see Gambit fighting Magneto and Juggy, I see him teaming up with them against the controlled sentinel, or even throwing his cards at the 3rd sentinel.
LOVE IT!!

I do not think all of the stand alone pieces are great, but this one is outstanding in my opinion
I think both Archangel and Psylocke look good. And yea this could definetly stand on its own. Glad there is a few.

But Damn, how is it IS is dropping all these new X-Men reveals, but SS can't give us ANYTHING. I know IS has had these in development for a while now, but still.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote