Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Doesn't look like the shipper used that heavy cardboard. I forget the name of it. It's not really cardboard but something else. Every time I get original artwork they use it along with double boxing, wrapping, and do not bend labels everywhere. But yeah, that sucks and you need to tell your post person not to put packages in the mail slot like that.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Doesn't look like the shipper used that heavy cardboard. I forget the name of it. It's not really cardboard but something else. Every time I get original artwork they use it along with double boxing, wrapping, and do not bend labels everywhere. But yeah, that sucks and you need to tell your post person not to put packages in the mail slot like that.
Masonite is what most dealers use when shipping art to me. Can't bend and the art is in some kind of "top loader" as further protection.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
Royd
Producer
Producer

Unfortunately, even masonite isn't "nuke" proof as my buddy Rich (Art of Comics) said that one of his masonite packages was "shattered" and the artwork inside destroyed.

I use 2 sheets of 1/2 inch thick foam core board which are light-weight but very sturdy and out of literally hundreds of packages which I've sent to all corners of the globe over the past 5 years, I've only had a couple experience minor damage and both were to Melbourne-based collectors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Masonite is what most dealers use when shipping art to me. Can't bend and the art is in some kind of "top loader" as further protection.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

the melbourne postal workers do not seem to like art packages!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #15
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The packing wasn't the problem. The artist did put it between 2 cardboards, put it in a bubble wrap envelope and stamped 13 "DO NOT BEND" stamps all over! There was no damage from the shipping. The only damage are the fold marks from the moronic postal worker who decided to ignore the stamps and fold it to fit it into a small post box.
The solution would have been to just left a card for me to pick up from my local post office. Quite simple really. Lol
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #16
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

If there's anything I've learned in doing this myself for the last 6 years, it's that if there is a way to get around the protection to damage the art, a shipper will find it eventually. I've been fortunate that I've only had two damages in six years (and one was an International order, which means customs was involved and more hands means more chances for damage).

Really, there's little you can do. Protect the art as best you can and hope the shipper doesn't find the way to damage your stuff. That's about it.

Last edited by Meeley Man; 01-15-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Meeley Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 AM   #17
Peasant

I know right??? It's crazy!!! Here's the pic of how it looked inside my mailbox, and the amount of "DO NOT BEND" stamps on the pack.
However, I've just updated my update in the Aussie thread section.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...17990&page=589

OH, and in addition, here's the update on AusPost's fb page. Feel free to add ammunition to it.

https://www.facebook.com/australiapo...7?notif_t=like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 8.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	76395   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 6.png
Views:	32
Size:	390.6 KB
ID:	76396  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 AM   #18
Royd
Producer
Producer

Okay, that latest photo of the package folded into the post box is damning!! That's just outrageous
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #19
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Okay, that latest photo of the package folded into the post box is damning!! That's just outrageous
So now you know what I mean by "bend/fold". It wasn't a slight bend....it was blatantly F***ing it up right? It was quite obvious that it didn't fit...but they double folded it and shoved it in there.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #20
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
The packing wasn't the problem. The artist did put it between 2 cardboards, put it in a bubble wrap envelope and stamped 13 "DO NOT BEND" stamps all over! There was no damage from the shipping. The only damage are the fold marks from the moronic postal worker who decided to ignore the stamps and fold it to fit it into a small post box.
The solution would have been to just left a card for me to pick up from my local post office. Quite simple really. Lol
I think I would be waiting by the mail box to have a little chat with the postal worker and then go have a chat with his boss.