Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #131
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I didn't buy that one precisely because it was plastic. Plus whenever they make a pvc piece, they love to tell us it costs more to do so.
I just don't know if you are the majority with that...
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:44 PM   #132
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I just don't know if you are the majority with that...

I don't know about being in the majority. But I'd bet there's a fairly decent amount of people who will not buy high end collectibles that are entirely pvc. I bought the Wolf lsb, never again...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:12 PM   #133
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I don't know about being in the majority. But I'd bet there's a fairly decent amount of people who will not buy high end collectibles that are entirely pvc. I bought the Wolf lsb, never again...
Yarp - we know that from the feedback and backlash they got

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:52 PM   #134
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Yarp - we know that from the feedback and backlash they got

And yet Internecivus raptus sold out. Wolf Pred bust had many other issues besides materials. A loud minority doesn't equal a majority.

I have the Internecivus raptus and really don't think twice about the material it's made of, as I assume most owners also feel. Look, I'm not here to convince anyone of anything... if you hate a material, that's fine. I'm just trying to suggest ways this mythos piece could have been less ridiculously priced.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:44 AM   #135
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
And yet Internecivus raptus sold out. Wolf Pred bust had many other issues besides materials. A loud minority doesn't equal a majority.

I have the Internecivus raptus and really don't think twice about the material it's made of, as I assume most owners also feel. Look, I'm not here to convince anyone of anything... if you hate a material, that's fine. I'm just trying to suggest ways this mythos piece could have been less ridiculously priced.
It sold out because it's a nice looking statue, but it took a long time and I seem to remember several discounts and free shipping offers etc. The Wolf LSB is still very much available which is almost unheard of after such a long time. They push that thing constantly whenever they can still. Also, the Wolf was twice the price of the Predator LSB before it, I'm not sure them using pvc would lower the prices in reality, or rather I'm not sure they would pass any savings on if it did.

I'm not overly bothered, I'm at the point in this hobby where I'm more than happy to pass on something I don't love. I wouldn't touch a pvc statue with a 20ft pole after what I received with the Wolf LSB. Sideshow need to figure out if enough other people feel that way, and if the forums are any indication (Which I think they can be in general) PCV isn't as popular as more traditional materials. They do seem to have taken a back step with the latest LSB's, even going out of their way to mention the material used in its name. Maybe I'm reading more into it than is actually there, but I suspect that the Wlf LSB was a bit of a disaster. And that's a shame as that thread was hugely positive before it actually released, lots of excited postings and the only critique being the high price at the time.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-400318

"The polystone Predator Barbarian- Mythos Legendary Scale"
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:28 PM   #136
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I bought the Wolf LSB, but I ended up getting it at about half price by using reward points. I was still irritated when it arrived and felt like a plastic piggy bank. If I had paid full price, I would have sent it back. As it is, I'm glad I have it on my shelf because I still like the sculpt, but it was definitely disappointing. Sideshow is never going to sell out of the Wolf LSB unless they do a significant discount. $100 off isn't enough.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:20 PM   #137
SDguy

The Wolf LSB is a disaster, for more reasons than the material used. Hey, I PO'ed MoS from SS, so trust me when I say I know disappointment from material used..... but only because it's done poorly.... no resemblance of the actor.... seam lines on the fists.

I own the Flare Neir 2B piece and it is perfection... so materials just need to be used correctly, IMO. I'll never be in the resin/poly or nothing camp. But that's just me.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:17 PM   #138
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Technically
Ok,
Looking forward to next design, Feet 1:6 / his nuts 1:3 / head 1:4 and ears 1:2
By 'Harry and the Hendersons' scale.

Will fit nicely with my other Premium scale
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:28 PM   #139
Sithlord32
New Republic

Well from the disinterest in this I thought I could sleep on it for a while but I went to buy it and it’s sold out at sideshow. If any ones not happy with it let me know I’ll take it off your hands. Really surprised it was sold out.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:34 AM   #140
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It sold out pretty quick after they applied the 10% off code. If i remember correctly.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote