Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-04-2018, 09:24 PM   #381
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
I like this piece I would love to get it but I can help and think XM coming out. Later with something better or something that I like more like Marvel characters this type of sculpt with Marvel characters would be amazing to me
There's always going to be something better around the corner... especially with this many companies pumping out statues non-stop...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:01 PM   #382
jacobi
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I think I prefer it unpainted. It's become too cartoonish with paint.
I think it looks cool painted (if a little garish with how vibrant the colors are for now), but I also think there was something classier to me when it was completely unpainted. It probably wouldn't look as good in person, but in pictures it looked like it was made of stone which gave it more of a museum feel for me. Even the painting on the Nightmare version being understated is still outdone by the initial showing of this piece completely unpainted for me.

It's an amazing thing, and would be a great centerpiece or a lone piece for a casual buyer to get as there is no line to worry about.

There are things I would change if I had my druthers. Selfishly, I wish it were in the BTAS style (thought I know that wouldn't be as popular). The lack of Riddler feels like such an omission, and while I wouldn't want them to lose anyone already there, I wish he was there as well. And as stated, I would love it in a more stone painted look (which if I was really pressed for I could get customed down the road. But even with those things I'm heavily considering buying this -- like I have funds like that. But a man can dream.
jacobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:54 AM   #383
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I can certainly understand people finding the colors to be a bit overkill'ish in some of the pictures/videos shown, but watch this video. I don't think you need to watch all of it as it focuses a lot on extreme close-ups, but in the beginning I think it does a better job of representing how it really looks as in this video the lighting is much, much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhkv6bwXirI
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:39 AM   #384
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I can certainly understand people finding the colors to be a bit overkill'ish in some of the pictures/videos shown, but watch this video. I don't think you need to watch all of it as it focuses a lot on extreme close-ups, but in the beginning I think it does a better job of representing how it really looks as in this video the lighting is much, much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhkv6bwXirI
LOL. I literally just came here to share the same video. This piece is amazing. I can live with the green skin on Ivy if that's how it looks in person. And this isn't even the final paint.

Thank you Statue Fanatic for this great footage.

Also Ang Seng from XM responded to my post on facebook complaining about Two-Face being covered up. He said the piece has not been engineered yet, so I'm guessing that means pieces might be moved slightly.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:23 AM   #385
built2shred
Phoenix

The first video the colors came across so bright for some reason... It looks a lot better in this second video... Plus the close ups really show how detailed those faces are....

Hopefully will get some high rez pictures soon...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:14 AM   #386
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So do we all think they just need to add a more macbre feel to the paints?

Whomever said it looked like a birthday cake topper -- that cracked me up bc it is so true!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:39 AM   #387
adee
Green Arrow

A custom Riddler can fit right behind Two Face and in front of Man Bat

Can't wait to see this one.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:42 AM   #388
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
So do we all think they just need to add a more macbre feel to the paints?

Whomever said it looked like a birthday cake topper -- that cracked me up bc it is so true!
You must be looking for another thread, here you go
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=196
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:49 AM   #389
Cmac
Mephisto

The smoke variant - I thought the characters would be painted in translucent smoke colors over a white base coat. That way, the colors would not be very strong, you would have the dream effect, but it also would allow each character to be differentiated from a distance.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #390
Vader
Ghost

it's the paint that spoils it.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote