Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-31-2015, 01:02 AM   #101
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Hope he gets acrylic teeth and eyes.

Chris
I don't see acrylic eyes happening , I'm sure they will be painted , and if they are I am sure they will look pretty good , I have come to learn that the only decals on the eyes that were used were on the Blake bust and alien puck , the reaper bust were painted and the lycan , it really fooled me because they are all pretty consistent . As for acrylic teeth , I don't know . I hope so
rrjrstatueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:09 AM   #102
Atheris
The Maxx

The only thing I hope is fixed with this is his teeth. They should be closed and touching. Don't know what's up with that weird gap only to have no opening or cavity in his mouth. I'm hoping its because it's just a WIP sculpt and doesn't make it into production. It looks very odd.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:23 AM   #103
azurepred
Zot

I was referring to the Marcus maquette and Lycan bust, they didn't get either of those, only the MIB bust. I don't get why they are not carrying all of them?.....weird. I haven't seen any other US retailer with these.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:25 AM   #104
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeromanPunch View Post
My only concern is the pants. Looking at avenger 2 hulk his pants are not ripped by design. I don't want my hulk to wear exercise shorts
plain and simple, you won't like this piece then cause that's what this will be getting. I'll keep a comic green Hulk to represent the ripped pants look.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:23 AM   #105
dfchang
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
It's already been confirmed it won't have silicone or punched hair, it doesn't need it.
Talking bout iron man, not hulk. If hulk has translucent resin that is one thing. If not, then I'm not as excited it's just another bigger hulk statue. Would people buy one as big as a house? Lol.
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:34 AM   #106
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
Talking bout iron man, not hulk. If hulk has translucent resin that is one thing. If not, then I'm not as excited it's just another bigger hulk statue. Would people buy one as big as a house? Lol.
Yes

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:29 AM   #107
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

My last purchase was Wonder Woman, Feb 2014, for my wife after doing well in her studies. Before that it was Supes and Batman, I believe ordered in 2013. I used to buy pretty much everything from Sideshow, but the QC on virtually every piece I received, topped off with their decision to not offer full replacements an excuse it as 'lack of product' (despite 2nd waves of some items) - it just killed the collecting bug for me.

There's still some I want to get, the four movie turtles look great (I didn't mind the movie on 2nd viewing despite the pointless origin changes etc), Captain America's shield too. But I plan to sell off some of my collectibles or trade them in order to get them, like the original turtle set, instead of purchasing them directly.

Having said that, I don't know who ECC is, but I already hate them. So far this piece looks mindblowing, enough to bring an old collector back into the fray. I'm sure the price will be ridiculous, even more so getting it to the UK, but I could easily see me selling off a good few pieces to get this one as a definitive movie hulk. Ive got the 1:4 scale which is just brilliant in itself, the original Green Hulk from SS too. I wouldn't sell those, as I think they are just as great in their own way, but this is the first 1:3 piece that's made me pay attention (wasn't fussed on Wolverine, Doom looked great but no real interest, and while I love the Iron Man attempts, I couldn't find a great one locally).

Eager to see more and can't wait to see a paint up.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:16 AM   #108
Hulk5150
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
...it's just another bigger hulk statue. Would people buy one as big as a house? Lol.
Would they?
Some already have! I had my house built *around* one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Yes

Chris
*high-five*

Hulk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:59 AM   #109
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:01 AM   #110
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
How do you see skiing in that pose? The way his feet are positioned, he's clearly about to do a uppercut, to me anyways .

it's an impressive sculpture. I'm not discounting it's realism.

If one photoshops skiis on his feet and poles in his hands, you have a skiing Incredible Hulk.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote