Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-24-2016, 11:55 AM   #111
gomur
The Tick

It would be nice if Koto showcased their concept ahead of time, similar to what they did with the Adi Granov Avengers and X-Men ArtFX+. You see the characters that you're getting and then you either buy into the idea or don't. I'd love to see an Annihilation GotG ensemble in 1/6 Fine Art glory.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:39 PM   #112
Quilon
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Blasphemy!
Agreed. More X-men or we storm the gates!!

Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:24 AM   #113
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The high ES of the past 3-4 statues, i beg to differ. The demand is there no doubt. BP and Thanos will be high as well. Reasons Koto isn't taking over the 1/6th department are confusing and frustrating.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:38 AM   #114
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
The high ES of the past 3-4 statues, i beg to differ. The demand is there no doubt. BP and Thanos will be high as well. Reasons Koto isn't taking over the 1/6th department are confusing and frustrating.
I can think of one reason that kotobukiya is really taking over the 1/6th line very fast, one they only have one sculptor for this line. Although Erick is am amazing sculptor he is only one man, he works for multiple companies his own, kotobukiya, dc, and others. I believe if kotobukiya really wanted to take the 1/6th fine art line by storm, they need more than one artist. I mean that's how Bowen pumped out all the statues a lot faster.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:48 AM   #115
khrisc
The X-Men

sad to say they just dont care about this line anymore..it is not their priority right now..they have switched to smaller scales which they can mass produce and which also caters to more customers so in the end its more profitable for them.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:26 AM   #116
Naru
Mephisto

The 1/6 scale is ripe for the taking. With Bowen on hiatus and Kotobukiya showing no real interest in pushing their fine art line, it's really hard to comprehend no one wanting to take over that segment. Everyone seems focussed on the quarter scale. It's just a bummer and an eye opener of sorts as to how much Bowen dominated that scale. Would've loved to see Gentle Giant getting involved. They produce very few and far in-between but they do a stellar job when they do. Love the Ghost Rider that they did. One of my favourite statues in my collection.
Maybe it's a license and feasibility thing who knows?
Sucky times for us collectors of this scale.
The good part is.... It saves you some cash.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #117
masterlei13
Birdman

id rather spend thousands on legit 1/6 scale statues than saving it and no new statues in the collection at all ahehe.

its really horrible, the feeling that is for the us 1/6 collectors expecting 2 statues a year. but the good thing right now is 2 letters... XM. im getting BW this week.

Last edited by masterlei13; 04-25-2016 at 08:16 PM. Reason: misspelled
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #118
Jokerbone
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlei13 View Post
id rather spend thousands on legit 1/6 scale statues than saving it and no new statues in the collection at all ahehe.

its really horrible, the feeling that is for the us 1/6 collectors expecting 2 statues a year. but the good thing right now is 2 letters... XM. im getting BW this week.
BW as in black widow?
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:24 PM   #119
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
I can think of one reason that kotobukiya is really taking over the 1/6th line very fast, one they only have one sculptor for this line. Although Erick is am amazing sculptor he is only one man, he works for multiple companies his own, kotobukiya, dc, and others. I believe if kotobukiya really wanted to take the 1/6th fine art line by storm, they need more than one artist. I mean that's how Bowen pumped out all the statues a lot faster.
Very true. if Koto pulled the trigger, i'm sure Sosa got some pros in waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
sad to say they just dont care about this line anymore..it is not their priority right now..they have switched to smaller scales which they can mass produce and which also caters to more customers so in the end its more profitable for them.
Your totally right. Quantity over quality. Such a shame. We can still hope tho.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:12 AM   #120
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I will then have to pick up Archangel, Jubilee and Beast from XM
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote