Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #2541
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I just paid for this, how disappointing.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #2542
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Maybe you should wait to have it in-hand and see by yourself.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:32 PM   #2543
oddlysober

I'll find out soon enough, though when the general consensus from those who have this piece indicated a poor paint job; I do not expect any miracles for mine. What about you Cain? Did you get yours yet? If so any plans to modify it, give it a shiny chrome paint job?
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #2544
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Moving forward
You mean, gosh darn it, our company screwed up. So, we just send them back for a full refund now?
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #2545
Enforcer

I must say how disappointed I am in hearing Toynami did not produce this. I never would have imagined anyone else doing what I consider to be a very important piece for CC. I am not alone in having spat out the words 'Endo 1/4' and 'Toynami' in the same sentence or paragraphs, several times, for awhile now, having never been corrected on that assumption. Maybe I missed a recent memo...I haven't been around as much as I would have liked in the last year.

But, what's done is done. I will just take this as an opportunity I otherwise wouldn't have to repaint this piece myself since I will not have the Toynami factor in the way. I just hope the build quality is there. That's something I can't just fix without thinking on it.

Tomorrow mine arrives. As long as it is not broken, it will stay with me. That doesn't mean I am giving a pass here. It just means I choose to deal with it rather than raising hell. Personally I am unhappy about it. But it pales in comparison to what I've gone through this year. I just don't have the time to fuss about it. I'm far more concerned dealing with a 3rd party seller on walmart marketplace sending me used junk instead of new product, ongoing issue two weeks now. Slow to respond after pictures sent through email......

If that ranks at 10 on a 1-10 pissed scale, and believe you me, it DOES...this here is like a 1, 2, or 3. *shrug* it's recoverable for Paul. I cannot say the same about the business I am dealing with over at walmart land, all because I wanted to save $10 and help a small guy out over spending $10 more at Amazon. I'm about done helping the little guys on internet marketplaces.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:50 PM   #2546
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
I'll find out soon enough, though when the general consensus from those who have this piece indicated a poor paint job; I do not expect any miracles for mine. What about you Cain? Did you get yours yet? If so any plans to modify it, give it a shiny chrome paint job?
I understand that.
Mine isn't here yet. It should be shipped anytime soon.
I'm oversea and I chose USPS so I don't think it will be here before 10 days.
It's ok, I can wait until then.
I never thought to modify it nor repaint it.
I will wait to see mine and how good it is.
If it is just like Darb's endo, it should be good enough.
Don't want to repaint it and certainly not chrome, won't make sense to me.
I wait and keep reading the reviews, looking at in-hand photos.

Hi Enforcer, I'm sorry to read what you're going trough with the Walmart thing. That sux.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #2547
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If anyone is going to repaint this please post how you do it. Are you going to strip the paint off first? What will you use to do that? What will you use to repaint it? If you use Alclad how will you seal it? Will you disassemble it? Etc...
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:09 PM   #2548
darb

I don't see this coming apart easily or cleanly . You could alclad it and seal it but would want a clear that will hold up. Some dulling will happen but it can be done so it looks good.

If I had to guess I would say this was cleared to soon and either the details where touched up afterwards or almost an after thought. It definitely was a factory screw up or they promised more than they are capable of and or sent perfect sample for approval
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #2549
Robopredinator
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I must say how disappointed I am in hearing Toynami did not produce this. I never would have imagined anyone else doing what I consider to be a very important piece for CC. I am not alone in having spat out the words 'Endo 1/4' and 'Toynami' in the same sentence or paragraphs, several times, for awhile now, having never been corrected on that assumption. Maybe I missed a recent memo...I haven't been around as much as I would have liked in the last year.

But, what's done is done. I will just take this as an opportunity I otherwise wouldn't have to repaint this piece myself since I will not have the Toynami factor in the way. I just hope the build quality is there. That's something I can't just fix without thinking on it.
I didn't know Toynami was supposed to be the manufacturer. Does this mean CC pulled a bait and switch?
Robopredinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:45 PM   #2550
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

⇧ Oh my...
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote