Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-05-2021, 03:33 PM   #121
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
They released Soul on Disney+ so I'm wondering if do that or follow AT&T model of release in cinemas and streaming for a month like WW84.
I don't have/want Disney+ ..and i don't like streaming.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:30 AM   #122
nameivom
The Herculoids

I think Black Widow is still slated for theatrical release. If they do release in theaters and their streaming service at the same time it will be the final death blow to theaters and the theaters will have to figure out a way to compete in this new climate.

Since Disney has yet to announce streaming for Black Widow it makes me wonder just how well Mulan did on their service at their $30 price point.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 02:40 AM   #123
ukshaun
Hercules

Atleast once it has been released, there's hope of the Blu-ray dropping not long afterwards
Old 01-06-2021, 09:48 AM   #124
Frankierock
Omega Red

At some point soon they are going to have to figure this Theater vs Streaming out for their movies. They keep spending $$ to make all these new ones and it’s just going to push them all back even further hurting the bottom line one way or the other. I really don’t see movie theaters opening up any time soon. I would predict summer at best and even that might be a long shot.
And if they did open what are they going to do release one movie a month to get back on track? No one wants to pay or go to the movies with a family every month especially after COVID.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:01 AM   #125
ukshaun
Hercules

News..
Black Widow is listed as having a runtime of 2h 13 minutes (133 minutes), making it longer than Iron Man's debut outing – as well as both Captain America and Thor's – but not as lengthy as Black Panther.

It's something. Only a matter of months now. Unless something prevents its release?
I hope the Blu-ray drops before the end of the year. I assume, as soon as the movie hit's the cinema's, Hoy Toys will put the two reveals up for pre_order. If we are really lucky, maybe Hot Toys will offer two other characters, namely Red Guardian and Yelena Belova
Old 01-29-2021, 12:33 PM   #126
Augen
The Hulk

At this point I think they have to cut their losses and put it out this Spring or Summer and hope things turn around in 2022 for Cinemas.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:29 PM   #127
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
At this point I think they have to cut their losses and put it out this Spring or Summer and hope things turn around in 2022 for Cinemas.
I’m in total agreement.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:02 PM   #128
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
I think Black Widow is still slated for theatrical release. If they do release in theaters and their streaming service at the same time it will be the final death blow to theaters and the theaters will have to figure out a way to compete in this new climate.

Since Disney has yet to announce streaming for Black Widow it makes me wonder just how well Mulan did on their service at their $30 price point.
I've seen every marvel movie in theater. I would like to keep doing that. It's been years since attending the theater for anything other then marvel movies though
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #129
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Yes, Disney has to release it this year because the movies are interconnected with the TV series and the TV series are not being held back.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:04 PM   #130
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If they release it to TV, I will watch. And if they drop it in theatres eventually, I will watch it then too.

There are a few theatres around me that are open, but it's still a ghost town pretty much.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote