Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-20-2021, 05:12 AM   #251
shadow.broker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Amazing pictures Stefan, thanks! Good to see the statue turned out pretty good after all, I am sure those first pictures freaked out many people.
shadow.broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:00 AM   #252
ukshaun
Hercules

Best pics so far.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:09 AM   #253
xXJ0kerXx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
It comes in 1 piece, with already head attached and fully clothed. Only the hands are separate.

There is only one downside to this statue: the connection with for the hands could be a bit deeper, now you can wiggle them a bit when attached. I got the WETA Lara Croft, which had also the hands attached serperatly, and that one feels much more secure.
oh wow i didn't expect for the head to be attached the body. i thought it was just going to be a separate thing where you have to unbutton his shirt and stuff the head in there. but that should also be a separate piece, it's just already attached to the body because i remember the video with just the portrait in hand.

and i'm assuming for the hands, the magnets aren't exactly that strong?
xXJ0kerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:50 AM   #254
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJ0kerXx View Post
oh wow i didn't expect for the head to be attached the body. i thought it was just going to be a separate thing where you have to unbutton his shirt and stuff the head in there. but that should also be a separate piece, it's just already attached to the body because i remember the video with just the portrait in hand.

Just like with Daenerys from Blitzway, his head is separate. The head and hands are all PVC, while the body is polystone/Resin with Mixed Media.
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:51 AM   #255
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJ0kerXx View Post

I can pull the head up and down, but I feel some resistance when pulling it up. So I don't risk it :-) No need to remove it since it's the only portrait.

It's esp. the hand he puts up. I have the feeling when you give it a little push, it could fall out. The magnets on my other statues are much stronger, they really pull the hands towards them. the magnets on the Joker don't make that automatic strong click as the others. It won't get out by itself, but I would be carefull where you put the statue so you don't bump into it.

The magnets on my Harley Quinn are so strong, you can lift the spare heads and the stand they are on just lifts too, these magnets are much stronger.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:53 AM   #256
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Just like with Daenerys from Blitzway, his head is separate. The head and hands are all PVC, while the body is polystone/Resin with Mixed Media.

It's possible it may be removable, but mine was already on it, so I don't risk pulling too much.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:56 AM   #257
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
It's possible it may be removable, but mine was already on it, so I don't risk pulling too much.
I removed the head, to check it from al sides. It is a good and steady fit when you place it back into the body
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:14 AM   #258
xXJ0kerXx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
I can pull the head up and down, but I feel some resistance when pulling it up. So I don't risk it :-) No need to remove it since it's the only portrait.

It's esp. the hand he puts up. I have the feeling when you give it a little push, it could fall out. The magnets on my other statues are much stronger, they really pull the hands towards them. the magnets on the Joker don't make that automatic strong click as the others. It won't get out by itself, but I would be carefull where you put the statue so you don't bump into it.

The magnets on my Harley Quinn are so strong, you can lift the spare heads and the stand they are on just lifts too, these magnets are much stronger.
thanks, i'll definitely keep that in mind. it was sort of my intentions to put him in a display case in the first place but judging by how things are. im going to get him first before my moducase display comes.

i heard another thing and im not too sure since hes sort of my first statue im getting. but i saw that some people, what they do is scratch the paint off from where the magnet is to give it a better connection? of course this is with the intention of them not exactly wanting to resell the statue in the first place.
xXJ0kerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:41 PM   #259
StefanCo
Birdman

Some details of the extras:

Old 01-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #260
StefanCo
Birdman