Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #31
Choopie
Birdman

So what format will we see the raptor in at SDCC? I can't afford a 1:1, but that doesn't mean it can't be produced for those that want it. I'm not interested in busts, but wouldn't mind seeing a maquette in scale with the breakout Rex for consistency sake.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:16 PM   #32
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Hi Paul,

Thanks for asking for feedback, here is my two cents: because this is a mold from an original JP mold I think it's only appropriate to give it the original JP raptor paint scheme. Like you, I would also like to see the tiger stripe paint work but for the money I'd be spending on a high end collectible such as this I'd personally rather have JP 1 pieces rather than products from the sequels.

Thanks,
Chris
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:15 AM   #33
thx217
Ultimates

Don't really care about the other versions but the JP1 look. Please make it look like it's alive instead of just a open or closed mouth "pose" with zero neck or hints of the eye movement. All the recast pieces(fully finished) out there looks boring and.."DEAD".

Please take the time, play with the casting, make whatever subtle changes that needs to be done to make it look like it's ALIVE. If you want the mouth to open, then open WIDE with drools and all the other element to make it work. Want closed, then it has to be with a certain expression, especially the subtle changes around the mouth and and around mouth area.

Last but not least, please pick the right materials for the eyes. You can do it! Surprise us~

If you guys nailed this one. The other versions will be benifit greatly from it. The idea also applies to the 1/5 female T-Rex bust also.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:46 AM   #34
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
No arms, way to big and cost prohibitive....

Want to do these with glass eyes and most certainly going to do JP1 raptor to start.

We are also going to do 1:2 or 1:3 busts at some point. We have the JW files so the four are easy from that film. We don't have access to anything JP3.

So I'm going to concentrate on JP1 and the male from Lost World for Comic Con. You'll see the JP1 Female and the LW tiger stripped male....
EPIC EPIC!!! glass eyes I was hoping that! and JP 1 you sir just hit the jackpot!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:51 AM   #35
chalback
A day without sunshine is like... night.

chalback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #36
ChrisLikesDinos
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Really looking forward to seeing these Raptor busts come to life!
ChrisLikesDinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:30 PM   #37
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Hi Paul,

Thanks for asking for feedback, here is my two cents: because this is a mold from an original JP mold I think it's only appropriate to give it the original JP raptor paint scheme. Like you, I would also like to see the tiger stripe paint work but for the money I'd be spending on a high end collectible such as this I'd personally rather have JP 1 pieces rather than products from the sequels.

Thanks,
Chris
Well, actually, the first movie and the second utilized the same interior molds. The main difference was the amount of foam latex skin used. The JP and TLW Raptors utilized the same skin molds, but TLW used a thinner, looser pull to make the skin less taught and more realistic.

Quote:
No arms, way to big and cost prohibitive....

Want to do these with glass eyes and most certainly going to do JP1 raptor to start.

We are also going to do 1:2 or 1:3 busts at some point. We have the JW files so the four are easy from that film. We don't have access to anything JP3.

So I'm going to concentrate on JP1 and the male from Lost World for Comic Con. You'll see the JP1 Female and the LW tiger stripped male....
Keep in mind, most people assume the Raptors in the first movie are primarily brown or grey, because of the way the color is in the movie. They are not. The JP1 raptors actually are a yellow base color with brown overtones:

And here's a nice shot of the full eyeball:
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:24 PM   #38
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We recently purchased an eyeball at the Profiles auction. I plan on doing glass eyes that replicate the JP look.

We'll do several versions and pick the one we like best...

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:39 PM   #39
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
We recently purchased an eyeball at the Profiles auction. I plan on doing glass eyes that replicate the JP look.

We'll do several versions and pick the one we like best...

Paul
You mean the Profiles in History auction?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:43 PM   #40
Python
Omega Red

I love the Raptors from the original JP. I'm not sure I'd buy one for the money it would cost to get one here. But I sure do look forward to seeing what you do with them...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote