Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #41
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Internationals shouldn't be allowed to have collections.
They should be made to watch others enjoy their's, especially Australians.
Jealousy's a curse
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #42
Luminous
Cyclops

I love how some people get up in arms about trying to get collectibles into the people who actually collect. God forbid collectors actually get collectibles at appropriate prices. This whole argument about these prints no longer being "special" or "limited" because of a potential increase in edition sizes is complete garbage. These things aren't going to the collector's hands at reasonable prices. The only ones coming out on top are the ones taking advantage of the system and forcing the collectors who actually want these damn things to pay absurd after market prices. The whole thing is extremely flawed and so is anyone's logic who tries argue that it isn't.

The collectors are not benefiting with the way things are, the flippers are. You can try and rationalize it by claiming it is a part of the hobby and that "hunting" comes with the territory all you want. Paying $500 for a $60 print isn't hunting. It's called getting bent over and taking it in the ass.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #43
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Internationals shouldn't be allowed to have collections.
They should be made to watch others enjoy their's, especially Australians.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #44
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I love how some people get up in arms about trying to get collectibles into the people who actually collect. God forbid collectors actually get collectibles at appropriate prices. This whole argument about these prints no longer being "special" or "limited" because of a potential increase in edition sizes is complete garbage. These things aren't going to the collector's hands at reasonable prices. The only ones coming out on top are the ones taking advantage of the system and forcing the collectors who actually want these damn things to pay absurd after market prices. The whole thing is extremely flawed and so is anyone's logic who tries argue that it isn't.

The collectors are not benefiting with the way things are, the flippers are. You can try and rationalize it by claiming it is a part of the hobby and that "hunting" comes with the territory all you want. Paying $500 for a $60 print isn't hunting. It's called getting bent over and taking it in the ass.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:04 AM   #45
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

But the question is how many of the collectors are flippers and how many of the flippers are collectors. Sure there's the comic store guy with beer gut and crack showing but I bet many collectors also buy to flip to help fund the ones they missed out on.

Personally I think Mondo produces a lot of junk but the word is out that these pieces can make you some money. I can't see people hanging things like Melancholia on their walls let alone some of the less attractive offerings from even more obscure titles. Or maybe they have big walls. For me space is limited.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #46
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

Scarcity and economic goods, what the **** are those?
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #47
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Scarcity and economic goods, what the **** are those?
Scarcity created by a flawed system and those who would exploit it. Yeah, that sounds fair.

You can flip all the prints you want to, Awesome. Just don't try and convince us that the way things currently are is what is best for the collectors of the hobby. Pretty sure the ones actually doing the collecting are the ones getting screwed.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #48
Awesome

Quote:
Scarcity created by a flawed system and those who would exploit it. Yeah, that sounds fair.

You can flip all the prints you want to, Awesome. Just don't try and convince us that the way things currently are is what is best for the collectors of the hobby. Pretty sure the ones actually doing the collecting are the ones getting screwed.
Luminous you clearly don't know why the hell these companies like Mondo and Sideshow were started for, if you did you and countless others wouldn't be complaining that you keep on missing out on posters. Have to pay $400 for a poster that costed $45 a release? Sorry about that. Have to pay $400 for a piece of bread to feed your kids? Now that is a reason to complain.

These posters aren't a necessity, and like I wrote in a few posts back, if you like the art so much you can drag yourself down to a Fedex Kinko's store and get them printed on some cheap paper instead. I don't think you would walk into a restaurant and tell them how their business should be run.

and for your " flipper " comment, how can I be a flipper when I feel like selling a poster a few months after they were released? That's not what a flipper is defined as.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #49
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Luminous you clearly don't know why the hell these companies like Mondo and Sideshow were started for.

Yeah, Loomy! Ya don't know nuthin'!

Quote:
Have to pay $400 for a poster that costed $45 a release? Sorry about that. Have to pay $400 for a piece of bread to feed your kids? Now that is a reason to complain.

May I complain about the use of the word "costed" ??

Quote:
These posters aren't a necessity, and like I wrote in a few posts back, if you like the art so much you can drag yourself down to a Fedex Kinko's store and get them printed on some cheap paper instead. I don't think you would walk into a restaurant and tell them how their business should be run.

Yeah, Loomy! Stop pushing around the poor restauranters, ya big meany!

Quote:
and for your " flipper " comment, how can I be a flipper when I feel like selling a poster a few months after they were released? That's not what a flipper is defined as.
Flipper! You're not allowed to feel like selling a poster.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #50
Awesome

Costed is past tense.