Statue Forum 


XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Vids & Video Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2017, 11:26 AM   #31
N3RDGASM
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
N3RDGASM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ventura,CA
Posts: 275
Anyone interested in joining the clan my buddy started we are all chill casual gamers. Shoot me PM with PSN screen name. Look forward to gaming with u guys.
N3RDGASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #32
Submissive421
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
Submissive421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmonkey View Post
I prefer the Xbox one controller for shooters but have more friends that play on PS4
This is a perfect time to have cross play huh. Sadly gamers will be divided
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #33
Medusoid
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.
 
Medusoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,600
Well, I'm already at 260+ light with two characters and swimming in exotics. They made things way too easy in this and I'm not sure how to feel about it... I guess that might change when the raid comes out tomorrow.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #34
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
MrJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,307
I think I can treat myself to one video game between now and Christmas. I was leaning towards Shadow of War because I loved the first one. But a buddy of mine at work just really sold me on this game. Now I'm torn. I didn't play the first. I like shooters but my problem is getting a good amount of time to go online and play, I usually only get 45 mins to an hour max at a time to play games.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #35
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Farmington Hills, MI & La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Posts: 4,525
Bungie lost me on the first game when they blatantly lied about the quality of the story to help sell copies. They stated it had a story that was on par with Lord of the Rings and Star Wars quality wise, lol. And the story wound up being one of the single owrst aspects of the game. I traded my copy in about a month later and never looked back.

If Bungie winds up creating a new IP somewhere down the line, I will give them another go, but I for one refuse to suppory Destiny in any way whatsoever. There are way too many quality games out these days to support a developer that blatantly lies to their fanbase. And i don't care what anyone says, the develpers at Bungie knew full well that Destiny's story didn't even come close to matching Lard of the Rings or Star Wars. Again, it was a blatant lie told right before the game launched to help ensure solid sales out of the gate.

So for Destiny 2 I can only say thanks, but no thanks!! Plus I'll be too busy replaying many of my favorite Xbox One games that are getting 4k updates, like Witcher 3 and Quantum Break.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #36
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
MrJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Bungie lost me on the first game when they blatantly lied about the quality of the story to help sell copies. They stated it had a story that was on par with Lord of the Rings and Star Wars quality wise, lol. And the story wound up being one of the single owrst aspects of the game. I traded my copy in about a month later and never looked back.

If Bungie winds up creating a new IP somewhere down the line, I will give them another go, but I for one refuse to suppory Destiny in any way whatsoever. There are way too many quality games out these days to support a developer that blatantly lies to their fanbase. And i don't care what anyone says, the develpers at Bungie knew full well that Destiny's story didn't even come close to matching Lard of the Rings or Star Wars. Again, it was a blatant lie told right before the game launched to help ensure solid sales out of the gate.

So for Destiny 2 I can only say thanks, but no thanks!! Plus I'll be too busy replaying many of my favorite Xbox One games that are getting 4k updates, like Witcher 3 and Quantum Break.
See now this is giving me a whole new problem. My game store is offering the new Xbox One X for 399 if I trade in my current xbox (we are talking Canada so the new xbox retails for 599). So for something I planned on getting anyways at $200 off is a good deal! But I have very little money to spend. Really unsure what to do here.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #37
Y3E
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Y3E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where the Sun doesn't shine
Posts: 8,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
See now this is giving me a whole new problem. My game store is offering the new Xbox One X for 399 if I trade in my current xbox (we are talking Canada so the new xbox retails for 599). So for something I planned on getting anyways at $200 off is a good deal! But I have very little money to spend. Really unsure what to do here.
I received the newsletter from EB for the trade special too. I'm really tempted but I like GoW X1s too much to trade it in. If the Xbox X was GoW themed then it would be a no brainer for me but no such luck. Maybe when GoW 5 comes out there would be a new console to match.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #38
Demona
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Demona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dela-where??
Posts: 10,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I think I can treat myself to one video game between now and Christmas. I was leaning towards Shadow of War because I loved the first one. But a buddy of mine at work just really sold me on this game. Now I'm torn. I didn't play the first. I like shooters but my problem is getting a good amount of time to go online and play, I usually only get 45 mins to an hour max at a time to play games.

I will tell you right now that an 45 mins to an hour is not enough to really get into this game. The game is a grind and there are many time in story missions where there is no save point. I know this because it's exactly like Destiny which I logged MONTHS of playing time.

For example, a LOT of the really good gear that will help your character will be gotten from completing "raids". If the raid system is the same as the first game (which I hear it is), this requires a group of SIX people to have a chance of completion. And you will die a lot until people master the raid or find out cheats. Just getting to the final boss can take a damn hour, if not more. I used to spend about 3-4 hours grinding at this game when new raids came out at just the raid alone. AND with each completion, it doesn't even guarantee you will get an item you want OR need -- so back you go to grind away again trying to get the amazing gun, or piece of character specific armor.

I was lucky, I had a solid group that we always coordinated a "raid night" and went at the game for about 4 hours at a clip. I could do the non-raid stuff on my own, or with my usual 2-3 gamer friends, but even that sometimes took over an hour.

So the bottom line is, unless you can really sit down and play, Destiny 2 might not be the game for you. Aside from people getting pissed off that you would have to leave the group during tough missions/raids, it will be a LONG grind for you to make it through the game itself. Just my two cents.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Bungie lost me on the first game when they blatantly lied about the quality of the story to help sell copies. They stated it had a story that was on par with Lord of the Rings and Star Wars quality wise, lol. And the story wound up being one of the single owrst aspects of the game. I traded my copy in about a month later and never looked back.

If Bungie winds up creating a new IP somewhere down the line, I will give them another go, but I for one refuse to suppory Destiny in any way whatsoever. There are way too many quality games out these days to support a developer that blatantly lies to their fanbase. And i don't care what anyone says, the develpers at Bungie knew full well that Destiny's story didn't even come close to matching Lard of the Rings or Star Wars. Again, it was a blatant lie told right before the game launched to help ensure solid sales out of the gate.

So for Destiny 2 I can only say thanks, but no thanks!! Plus I'll be too busy replaying many of my favorite Xbox One games that are getting 4k updates, like Witcher 3 and Quantum Break.
Word is that a lot of people felt that same as you about the storyline and Destiny 2 has a ton more backstory built-in. My friend got Destiny 2 and said he now thinks Bungie tried too hard to make a story and it's annoying with all the interruption.

I can say that the lack of story didn't bother me to the first game, but I understand the questions of "why am I fighting roided ninja turtles?"....."so, hey, why is Crota so angry?"....."who is this Hunter chick around the table whose giving me ugly shaders and emblems?"

What stopped me from getting D2 is being screwed out of content (I'm XBone) and grinding for weeks to get weapons that become obsolete with the next DLC.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #39
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
MrJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I will tell you right now that an 45 mins to an hour is not enough to really get into this game. The game is a grind and there are many time in story missions where there is no save point. I know this because it's exactly like Destiny which I logged MONTHS of playing time.

For example, a LOT of the really good gear that will help your character will be gotten from completing "raids". If the raid system is the same as the first game (which I hear it is), this requires a group of SIX people to have a chance of completion. And you will die a lot until people master the raid or find out cheats. Just getting to the final boss can take a damn hour, if not more. I used to spend about 3-4 hours grinding at this game when new raids came out at just the raid alone. AND with each completion, it doesn't even guarantee you will get an item you want OR need -- so back you go to grind away again trying to get the amazing gun, or piece of character specific armor.

I was lucky, I had a solid group that we always coordinated a "raid night" and went at the game for about 4 hours at a clip. I could do the non-raid stuff on my own, or with my usual 2-3 gamer friends, but even that sometimes took over an hour.

So the bottom line is, unless you can really sit down and play, Destiny 2 might not be the game for you. Aside from people getting pissed off that you would have to leave the group during tough missions/raids, it will be a LONG grind for you to make it through the game itself. Just my two cents.
This is precisely the feedback I needed. As much as I would love to find time to play online with friends like that I know it just won't happen. It's a shame as when I had a chance back in the day to play co-op with friends it was some of the bets gaming experiences I had! But alas that is not my life at the moment. So thanks for clarifying, sounds like i'll be best going with a more single player game i.e. that shadow of war is looking more likely.

As for the trade in for the xbox I called them and decided against it too. I don't need it right now.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:22 AM   #40
Y3E
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Y3E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where the Sun doesn't shine
Posts: 8,266
I'm like you Mr Jones, I can't spend more than an hour gaming due to little the ones. Heck, last night, playing Uncharted the Lost Legacy I only got to play 30 mins because my little girl needed tending to.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com