Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 09-13-2018, 04:43 AM   #61
Python
Omega Red

Important info guys....

It turns out that ALL Prime 1 Alien & Predators (Movie & Comic) will be 1/4 scale sadly. So those of you (like me) waiting to see what P1 can offer may wish to stop waiting as it seems this will be the best 1/3 Big chap any time soon. I still think this is ludicrously expensive, but if I can mange to afford it, I'll be getting this as the centerpiece to my Alien collection...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #62
pdenham
Teen Titans

Given how needlessly large Prime 1 bases usually are, and the fact their figure will be more vertically upright, there will only be a few practical inches difference between the two.

There will be a difference in mass, but the dimensions of the base, I'd bet, will make the listed measurements a lot closer to each other.

And it would be significantly cheaper.

I personally don't get all the praise for the Koto pose, but for a lot of other people it seems to be the bomb.
Even given a slightly smaller size, I still think it will be far more popular.

I'm slowly starting to transition to putting the Mamegyorai out of my mind. I still love it, but there is really no way I can justify this.
The cost is excessive and even if I did get it, I still have to rotate things in and out of what limited display space I have. It's one thing to warehouse a $500-600 statue for a couple years while others take it's place. But to have a $2000+ statue boxed up the same amount of time is just idiotic.

And I've got a lot of new stuff waiting in the wings to utilize that space (large models that need to be built)- in addition to older things that I haven't displayed in a long time that I would enjoy seeing again.

No matter how I slice it, I just can't justify this.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:33 PM   #63
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Important info guys....

It turns out that ALL Prime 1 Alien & Predators (Movie & Comic) will be 1/4 scale sadly. So those of you (like me) waiting to see what P1 can offer may wish to stop waiting as it seems this will be the best 1/3 Big chap any time soon. I still think this is ludicrously expensive, but if I can mange to afford it, I'll be getting this as the centerpiece to my Alien collection...
Well, that's good to know. Just the perfect push for me to spend my SSRP on this.

Kinda sucks though I would have loved to see them pull off a 1/3-1/2 Queen/hatchery.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:21 AM   #64
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

My finger is on the trigger for this. Best looking, most authentic Alien I’ve seen apart from the Giger model. Very expensive though. ES 750, is it not?
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:40 AM   #65
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
My finger is on the trigger for this. Best looking, most authentic Alien I’ve seen apart from the Giger model. Very expensive though. ES 750, is it not?

It is, and snap, I want this thing real bad. But I spent a lot of money (well, relatively for me) on a car this week so I'm on a budget for a while. I'm hoping I can wait and see how this thing turns out. If it comes out good and is still available, I'll likely bite if I can find the funds at the time.

As much as I love the P1 Dog Alien, I'm considering cancelling it after the news that all of their other stuff is 1/4. I'm all for having a one off 1/3 show piece, but I'd rather have a big chap as my centerpiece I think.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #66
Max Shreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It is, and snap, I want this thing real bad. But I spent a lot of money (well, relatively for me) on a car this week so I'm on a budget for a while. I'm hoping I can wait and see how this thing turns out. If it comes out good and is still available, I'll likely bite if I can find the funds at the time.

As much as I love the P1 Dog Alien, I'm considering cancelling it after the news that all of their other stuff is 1/4. I'm all for having a one off 1/3 show piece, but I'd rather have a big chap as my centerpiece I think.
I totally understand buddy. My friend has the Dog on order as well, and it was such a stab in the balls that they keep pushing the release, besides as I said many times, I love the design of the Dog Alien, but the ES on both regular and EX are just so huge. I don't know, it doesn't help me bite.

A car? Huge congrats bud! Hope you are happy.
I understand, that you wanna wait, me too (Soooo bloody expensive) but I don't know if this will be available for very long. I think any true Alien fan can see that this is a true prestige piece. And the ES is pretty low also.
So frikkin' want this. I have it in my head how I'd lit it ! Yeah.... did I mention that it's so expensive?
Old 10-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #67
Python
Omega Red

750 isn't a crazy low ES really, we've just become accustomed to stupidly high ES numbers these days from some producers. Plus the price on this is so astronomically high, and the company aren't overly well known (leaving a little doubt in peoples minds as to how it may turn out) That I'm hoping this will still be available for pre-order once in hand pictures start emerging.

I think I'll start putting a little money aside for this just in case I do decide to bite down the line should it be an option.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:05 PM   #68
Max Shreck

Yes, that’s what I meant, compared to today’s crazy edition numbers, it’s pretty low. Yeah. You are probably doing the smart thing. I hope I’ll be able to resist until then. Just love this so much.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:33 AM   #69
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

How did cduk come up with a price of £2600 for this? Even with generous shipping allowance I’m coming up with a figure of around £2100 direct from ss.
The pricing on these things is getting (or has gotten!) out of hand
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:14 AM   #70
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
How did cduk come up with a price of £2600 for this? Even with generous shipping allowance I’m coming up with a figure of around £2100 direct from ss.
The pricing on these things is getting (or has gotten!) out of hand

I saw that and had a chuckle. I've given up trying to work those guys out, I think they genuinely don't want the business sometimes....