Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-21-2018, 11:42 PM   #11
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
So glad I don't need this lol
Yes..but like me my old friend you’ll get it too!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:13 AM   #12
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
Has the sudden increase in SS reveals left anyone else scratching their heads. Not that it’s a bad thing but for a company that is normally so tight lipped about reveals, the recent opening of the flood gates seems strange. Especially so close to SDCC when most statue companies go dark with new reveals.

Oh well, hopefully we get a Domino PF announcement soon.
There has been a theory over the last couple years that SDCC has gotten so big that any new announcements made there get lost in the noise. The belief is that it's better to announce before, generate the hype and then if you get any extra excitement by revealing at the show then it's a bonus.

This theory related to TV shows and movies mainly... however the theory is sound and maybe that's how Sideshow is deciding to operate this year?

Another way of putting it is that there has been plenty of complaints over time that fans needed to know that Sideshow are supporting lines, well there are two lines DC and X-Men and Sideshow is certainly letting their fans know that these lines are supported.

All that said, I still hope there's some surprises at SDCC.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:20 AM   #13
FJC
Midnighter

Some of these banner announcements can have their full reveals at SDCC if sideshow chooses to do so. PFs like Mystique and Cable can be saved for SDCC.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:24 AM   #14
Nyxs
The Avengers

Ok I'm a goner. Anything Mystique and I am done.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:25 AM   #15
FJC
Midnighter

I'm a pretty big Mystique fan but I'll probably pass on this PF. It'll probably be sideshowified and I already have the 1st PF and the Hughes COM. The COM is in her classic white dress and actually slightly larger than 1/5 scale. When she's displayed next to 1/4 female PFs, she blends right in. Between those 2 pieces, I'm covered as far as Mystique goes.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:15 AM   #16
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
Yes..but like me my old friend you’ll get it too!
Quite satisfied with the AH comiquette and even the first PF. Can't see myself getting a third version unless it's Emma Frost.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:30 AM   #17
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
We definitely are getting reveals like someone’s job depends on it.
Yeah, this is more than just a shift in how they present their upcoming products. Hell, Juggernaut is one of their break the glass in case of emergency characters. People have been clamoring for that one for at least 10 years and that's just a blurb announcement like this Mystique?

I know the mutant embargo was a thing and all but damn that's a lot of announcements. What's next? Fantastic Four PFs?? Silver Surfer?
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:36 AM   #18
Mr.Knight
Justice League

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Yeah, this is more than just a shift in how they present their upcoming products. Hell, Juggernaut is one of their break the glass in case of emergency characters. People have been clamoring for that one for at least 10 years and that's just a blurb announcement like this Mystique?

I know the mutant embargo was a thing and all but damn that's a lot of announcements. What's next? Fantastic Four PFs?? Silver Surfer?
Fantastic Four please
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:41 AM   #19
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Has the sudden increase in SS reveals left anyone else scratching their heads. Not that it’s a bad thing but for a company that is normally so tight lipped about reveals, the recent opening of the flood gates seems strange. Especially so close to SDCC when most statue companies go dark with new reveals.

Oh well, hopefully we get a Domino PF announcement soon.
No surprise to me and I think it's crucial to reveal early now with multiple companies having 1/4 license to do Marvel characters (especially x-men).

XM reveals their statues when they're still in the WIP stage. It allows consumers an opportunity to contribute during development and plan their collections and pre-orders way ahead of time.

XM has a Mystique, Gambit, Omega Red, Cyclops, Brown Wolverine, Ice-man, Professor X etc. coming. Just knowing Sideshow has a few of these on the way will immediately make me hold off securing any XM PO or release to see Sideshow's offering considering Sideshow is top quality and Domestic for U.S. collectors.

The earlier the reveal, the better for us. We can adequately plan our collections without buyers remorse because we didn't know a certain company was working on something because they were waiting to have a painted proto in-hand for an SDCC surprise.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:29 AM   #20
SDguy

Liking this so far!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sideshow-Mystique-Figure-Teaser-Art.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	114016  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote