Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: which portrait do you prefer?
original shown at sdcc 144 69.23%
newly updated 64 30.77%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2018, 02:04 PM   #81
myskye23
Hellboy

In my honest opinion, SS could've kept the original portrait and 'tweaked' the eyes slightly by making them a bit more elongated, and slightly more narrow. Soften the jawline and add a little more hair to cover the large forehead.

After the full reveal at SDCC this year, the majority of us were on board to PO this piece when it became available (including myself). I'm still HOPEFUL that SS will just have two portraits on this statue so that everyone who had liked the original portrait will still be satisfied, and anyone else who was on the fence before and now like this NEW portrait, can PO her when she's available as well. I did a small tweak to the uploaded pic to show the minor adjustments that I made to the original portrait. Please excuse my rush Photoshopped rendition, I'm at work and I had to sneak this one in! Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uphuvI4.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	117251   Click image for larger version

Name:	uphuvI4 Asian.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	775.2 KB
ID:	117252  
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #82
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I think it works because it is Psylocke.

Betsy is not a 100% asian character. She is a white woman in a Japanese body. Her original body, which she returned back to recently, is Caucasian. And depending on the interpretation, her body can be Eurasian or Asian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
This new portrait looks more like Jennifer Carpenter (Debra Morgan from the show Dexter) to me.

But I agree with the consensus... they should offer both portraits so fans can display the version they prefer. Still not a perfect slam dunk, but the closest they can get to a win-win so far.
It kinda does.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #83
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I was debating whether I would be buying Psylocke, not because she was a bad piece, but because she wasn't THAT great to begin with. Now it's a definite pass. Can't see why they couldn't give us both heads. But that's fine, don't need to have them all...
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #84
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
I was debating whether I would be buying Psylocke, not because she was a bad piece, but because she wasn't THAT great to begin with. Now it's a definite pass. Can't see why they couldn't give us both heads. But that's fine, don't need to have them all...
I'd planned on picking up 2. I thought it was a superb statue all around, guess i won't have any now.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:26 PM   #85
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I'd planned on picking up 2. I thought it was a superb statue all around, guess i won't have any now.
Two?! you crazy

I've been putting off pre-ordering Elektra for the longest time, finally did few days ago. Might click on DD now as well as Psylocke freed up a slot. Or might just wait and see what NYCC brings.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:09 PM   #86
Furyan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
In my honest opinion, SS could've kept the original portrait and 'tweaked' the eyes slightly by making them a bit more elongated, and slightly more narrow. Soften the jawline and add a little more hair to cover the large forehead.

After the full reveal at SDCC this year, the majority of us were on board to PO this piece when it became available (including myself). I'm still HOPEFUL that SS will just have two portraits on this statue so that everyone who had liked the original portrait will still be satisfied, and anyone else who was on the fence before and now like this NEW portrait, can PO her when she's available as well. I did a small tweak to the uploaded pic to show the minor adjustments that I made to the original portrait. Please excuse my rush Photoshopped rendition, I'm at work and I had to sneak this one in! Lol
Your revised original headsculpt works perfectly. Great work! Someone spam sideshow with this please.
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:58 AM   #87
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Two?! you crazy

I've been putting off pre-ordering Elektra for the longest time, finally did few days ago. Might click on DD now as well as Psylocke freed up a slot. Or might just wait and see what NYCC brings.
I'm just looking forward to catwoman and juggernaut at the moment and hoping they haven't ruined x23.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #88
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

omg people just don't buy it. It was a hundred pages of people complaining about her old portrait so enough with the revisionism. You're all going to buy it anyways lol

Last edited by sith_apprentice; 09-15-2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: sp.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #89
kikoken
Shadowhawk

she needs some botox for that frown line
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #90
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_apprentice View Post
omg people just don't buy it. It was a hundred pages of people complaining about her old portrait so enough with the revisionism. You're all going to buy it anyways lol
Psylocke with the original portrait was a consideration, once the in hand images arrived.
The new portrait is a 100% pass, for me atleast.

Atleast there is Rogue Maquette, and X-23 PF to consider, once the in hand images show up
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote