Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

dealing with people

had to go off on a couple people

i was at blockbuster this time.
i was 4th in line and only one employee. the first guy didnt have current info in there system so they had to update him. that took 5 minutes. no big deal. they had to do it it is there job and waiting for that doesnt bother me. the next person was up and out. the next guy was very old man with plenty of problems.

this guy is watching some tv show on dvd. he wasn't sure what season he was on and had them look it up. no big deal. he grabbed a blu-ray disc but doesn't have a blu-ray player so they got him the correct version. no big deal that is there job. while they are helping him someone walks up and ask if they have a certain movie. the lady says she never heard of it. once again not a big deal cause she didn't stop helping the other guy to answer. now he steps in front of me in line and waits.

now the problems can start but they dont.

i ignore it cause i know his wife is out looking for the movie and maybe she will find it before this old guy is done. well the employee decides to ask if he wants to join a club. this is now already 5 minutes into helping the guy and i know it is going to take forever to explain to this guy about the club. that doesn't bother me cause it is her job to sell membership. another 5 minutes and finally he gets it and joins up. the guy in front of me now asks her if they have an animal or documentary section. she says no and says she can help him right now cause she is done with the other guy.

i speak up now and say that i was in line first and she will have to help me before him. she takes my card and scans it and then goes to another computer and starts helping the other guy. i went off.

the customer left totally ambarassed and the employee did't look at me or say anything else to me. she just checked me out and let me go.

not only would i never step in front of someone like that but when i was in customer srvice i wouldn't let my customers do that sto someone else if i saw it. i told one lady before that she would have to wait for her palce in line instead of just cutting in front of everyone. she was talking crap the whole time she waited and then went off on me when she got up front. i told her if she wanted to apologize she will still get service or she could leave. right there she called teh hotline nulber we have and told them a bunch of crap and then handed me the phone and said i was about to lose my job. after telling them what really happened i gave her the phone back and said she may want to talk to them. they told her to apologize or leave. a little unlucky for her she was picking up food for her office for lunch and couldn't go anywhere else at this point so she apologized and left with her food.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
Mandragora
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

ugh i hate people

i hate that my career takes me through the busiest parts of manhattan

i hate that people will in fact step in front of an insanely heavy box that is moving in their direction with no consideration for the time it would take me to fill out the paperwork about squishing them.

i also hate tourists.
Mandragora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
redskullrudd
I am da law!

next time just go to red box. Maybe the machine can't help you because some douche bag jammed a DVD in it the wrong way and shut the whole thing down for the weekend....but at least its customer service skills are predictable, and old people tend to fear technology.
redskullrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
had to go off on a couple people

i was at blockbuster this time.
i was 4th in line and only one employee. the first guy didnt have current info in there system so they had to update him. that took 5 minutes. no big deal. they had to do it it is there job and waiting for that doesnt bother me. the next person was up and out. the next guy was very old man with plenty of problems.

this guy is watching some tv show on dvd. he wasn't sure what season he was on and had them look it up. no big deal. he grabbed a blu-ray disc but doesn't have a blu-ray player so they got him the correct version. no big deal that is there job. while they are helping him someone walks up and ask if they have a certain movie. the lady says she never heard of it. once again not a big deal cause she didn't stop helping the other guy to answer. now he steps in front of me in line and waits.

now the problems can start but they dont.

i ignore it cause i know his wife is out looking for the movie and maybe she will find it before this old guy is done. well the employee decides to ask if he wants to join a club. this is now already 5 minutes into helping the guy and i know it is going to take forever to explain to this guy about the club. that doesn't bother me cause it is her job to sell membership. another 5 minutes and finally he gets it and joins up. the guy in front of me now asks her if they have an animal or documentary section. she says no and says she can help him right now cause she is done with the other guy.

i speak up now and say that i was in line first and she will have to help me before him. she takes my card and scans it and then goes to another computer and starts helping the other guy. i went off.

the customer left totally ambarassed and the employee did't look at me or say anything else to me. she just checked me out and let me go.

not only would i never step in front of someone like that but when i was in customer srvice i wouldn't let my customers do that sto someone else if i saw it. i told one lady before that she would have to wait for her palce in line instead of just cutting in front of everyone. she was talking crap the whole time she waited and then went off on me when she got up front. i told her if she wanted to apologize she will still get service or she could leave. right there she called teh hotline nulber we have and told them a bunch of crap and then handed me the phone and said i was about to lose my job. after telling them what really happened i gave her the phone back and said she may want to talk to them. they told her to apologize or leave. a little unlucky for her she was picking up food for her office for lunch and couldn't go anywhere else at this point so she apologized and left with her food.
this is why netflix is killing them...
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill78 View Post
this is why netflix is killing them...
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
ratchet
Mandarin

I joined one of Blockbuster's clubs - they said there were no more late fees if I join the club. I joined. A few months later I was returning a video and they told me that they were late and that I owed late charges. I said I was in the club - she said that late fees still applied. I told her I was told they didn't. She said "I don't know who would have told you that..." real snarky and sarcastic like - it pissed me off. I asked for the manager.

The manager walked out and wouldn't you know it - it was the same guy who told me that there were no more late fees! I explained the situation - he seemed puzzled. "I thought there were no more late fees if they joined the club?" he asks HIS employee. She explains the late fees still apply.

"Oh sorry buddy - my bad!" He takes off the late fees this time and tells me that from now on the late fees will apply. I tell him "thanks for taking the late fees off - I would like to cancel my card here, please."
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote