Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #21
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
There is more to playing a comic book character than just looking the part... would be nice if they could act outside of staged wrestling. Not saying he can't, just haven't seen anything to indicate he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
My understanding is Black Bolt cannot talk for fear of killing someone?? I could be wrong. So an ability to get emotions across is important. I cannot see a wrestler achieving this.
true, plus he is a bit on the tall side at 6'5.

whoever they get i hope its not a a casting fail, this is one of my favorite charters. im really hoping they git it right.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #22
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
My understanding is Black Bolt cannot talk for fear of killing someone?? I could be wrong. So an ability to get emotions across is important. I cannot see a wrestler achieving this.
You are correct about BB's voice. Not sure if you'd call it a "power", but the merest whisper from Black Bolt's vocal chords creates a shockwave that can level buildings. At full shouting volume, I believe he might destroy planets, or at least a large chunk of one. So, yeah, not a ton of dialogue to be had there. Emoting will indeed be the key.

As per a previous post, I've never seen BB out of costume, so don't know what he looks like. Any ref pics about?
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:05 AM   #23
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
You are correct about BB's voice. Not sure if you'd call it a "power", but the merest whisper from Black Bolt's vocal chords creates a shockwave that can level buildings. At full shouting volume, I believe he might destroy planets, or at least a large chunk of one. So, yeah, not a ton of dialogue to be had there. Emoting will indeed be the key.

As per a previous post, I've never seen BB out of costume, so don't know what he looks like. Any ref pics about?
I don't remember seeing him without his costume either (specially in the classic comics), but here he is whithout his mask in modern renderings.

JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #24
moon_knight1971
Rescue

The Black Bolt lead isn't as important as the casting of Medusa since she will be speaking on his behalf.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:34 PM   #25
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
The Black Bolt lead isn't as important as the casting of Medusa since she will be speaking on his behalf.
Most definitely.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #26
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't understand why some folks try to push wrestlers every time a superhero movie is announced. Only a few wrestlers have been able to crossover to mainstream movies -- Andre the Giant, The Rock and Hulk Hogan. Of those, Andre the Giant was primarily due to his freakish size and Hulk Hogan was not exactly for his acting abilities. I know John Cena has also been in a few low budget or direct to DVD movies but not exactly leading a major franchise. I could only imagine how Triple H would have come across as Thor. Anyway I'm sure they're going to hire an up-and-coming actor to play Black Bolt and whip him into shape. I'm looking forward to hearing how this comes together.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #27
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I hear ya. Wrestlers are pushed for superhero roles by many fans based simply on their physical attributes. In a way I understand because comic books are a visual medium but one's acting ability should be considered equally, if not more so when it comes to bringing these characters to life on film.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #28
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Thats right HB. Main reason why I suggested Randy Orton.
And the fact that BB doesnt speak. But wrestlers are actors. Some might not be so great at it. But I think Ramdy could pull it off. Hes def one of the better acting werstlers with great emotional skills. .they Could just as easily train him on how to pull off the emotional acting aspect of the character as they would train an up and coming actor into physical shape.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:58 PM   #29
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I don't understand why some folks try to push wrestlers every time a superhero movie is announced. Only a few wrestlers have been able to crossover to mainstream movies -- Andre the Giant, The Rock and Hulk Hogan. Of those, Andre the Giant was primarily due to his freakish size and Hulk Hogan was not exactly for his acting abilities. I know John Cena has also been in a few low budget or direct to DVD movies but not exactly leading a major franchise. I could only imagine how Triple H would have come across as Thor. Anyway I'm sure they're going to hire an up-and-coming actor to play Black Bolt and whip him into shape. I'm looking forward to hearing how this comes together.
Good grief, anything Cena related is about the lamest stuff on earth. He should basically be in the wiggles or on Barney or something since he is for 6 year old lol.
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #30
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Speaking of Cena, I think he'd make a good Shazam to go up against the Rock as Black Adam. The teenager playing Billy Batson would have to be a good actor to sell it though.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote