Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-01-2014, 06:04 AM   #41
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
Yeah not 6'8" that was a type o. He was actually 6'6"... but your right.. they could easily make him look the proper hight on screen.
And he is known for portraying Vader in some fan events before.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #42
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
VDiesel is being rumoured for this.
lets hope its stays that way.. a rumor.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #43
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
And he is known for portraying Vader in some fan events before.
ya dont say.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #44
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
ya dont say.
I just did.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #45
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm done with the wrestler discussion because I think it's essentially a moot point. Look it's not uncommon for fans to campaign for folks they think will be right for XYZ roles and others will disagree. I never got the Triple H for Thor. I never though Gina Gershon was right for Wonder Woman. I wasn't crazy about Angela Bassett for Storm. I don't think Vin Diesel is right for Black Bolt either and he is an actor. I don't even want to think about Channing Tatum as Gambit.

Getting back to the Inhumans, even though Black Bolt doesn't speak, and presumably won't in the movie, it will actually require a more nuanced performance. The character will need to act with his eyes, gestures, expressions, as opposed to sitting on a throne and looking regal. He will also need to have chemistry with whoever plays Medusa, which will also be a very difficult role to cast. Maybe someone like Rosamund Pike or even Charlize Theron (although they might be a little older than what the producers want to go with). I think that role calls for some maturity as well as acting range. Crystal can be the hot one. Will be interesting to see if they keep Triton, Karnak and Gorgon essentially as is in the comics. Visually they would look very cool.

Inhumans could turn out to be the movie X-Men should have been.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #46
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

It's certainly Marvels opportunity to fill that void. Of the new characters it's the most interesting.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #47
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I'm done with the wrestler discussion because I think it's essentially a moot point. Look it's not uncommon for fans to campaign for folks they think will be right for XYZ roles and others will disagree. I never got the Triple H for Thor. I never though Gina Gershon was right for Wonder Woman. I wasn't crazy about Angela Bassett for Storm. I don't think Vin Diesel is right for Black Bolt either and he is an actor. I don't even want to think about Channing Tatum as Gambit.

Getting back to the Inhumans, even though Black Bolt doesn't speak, and presumably won't in the movie, it will actually require a more nuanced performance. The character will need to act with his eyes, gestures, expressions, as opposed to sitting on a throne and looking regal. He will also need to have chemistry with whoever plays Medusa, which will also be a very difficult role to cast. Maybe someone like Rosamund Pike or even Charlize Theron (although they might be a little older than what the producers want to go with). I think that role calls for some maturity as well as acting range. Crystal can be the hot one. Will be interesting to see if they keep Triton, Karnak and Gorgon essentially as is in the comics. Visually they would look very cool.

the randy Orton bit it was only a suggestion. mostly on the fact that he has the physical attributes for the character, with the exception of being 3 inches too tall. but that doesn't matter right? lol
and the fact that there isn't any lines to be read. its def an emotional acting aspect. and the fact that Batista was cast as Draxx. in which he did a hell of a job form what i could tell from the trailers. still need to see that film. but for the most part it looked cool.

i think the fascination at the time for HHH to play the role for Thor was because HHH was doing that whole Thor theme dress up wielding a hammer and entrance gig at the time. and he had long blond hair. but ill agree, i didn't want to see him as playing Thor. i would have much preferred someone of Thor's stature playing him. one that is 6'5" built like Hulk Hogan..lol

and i agree with all of your remarks about not liking the casting of the ones being mentioned about being cast for roles that some thought they would be good for. but Angela Basset would have been far superior over Halley Berry by a long shot.
seriously though.. most of your views on these comic films i agree with.

and i def think if they honestly play their cards right, and DO things right. this Inhumans film could very well be the trump card for Marvel and like you said, being the film that the x-men should have been. but its all going to come down to who they choose to cast for the characters. i think if they stick to the source material and try and keep the charterers close to the physical appearance as to what is seen in the comics. it would tremendously beneficial. a good story/plot and hellah costumes and SPFX and acting are no brainers.

im most definitely looking froward to this film and will bne one that i go see at the box office. something that i do for films that im most intrigued to see.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #48
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
It's certainly Marvels opportunity to fill that void. Of the new characters it's the most interesting.
absolutely
Old 10-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #49
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Rumor: THE INHUMANS Movie Is Canceled | Birth.Movies.Death.

devincf: INHUMANS being canceled and INFINITY WAR costing a billion dollars both sound like sour grapes rumors intended to hurt Marvel Studios.

devincf: I just can’t imagine a scenario where each INFINITY WAR movie costs half a billion dollars.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:35 PM   #50
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post

Billy Crudrup rings a bell for everything you mentioned, but again the guy is pushing 50's if I remember correctly.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote