Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: What do you think of the MK9 line phasing out?
I was disappointed, I wish the line lasted longer 35 47.30%
I wasn't disappointed, looking forward to MK10 statues 8 10.81%
I don't care, I didn't collect MK9 statues 31 41.89%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

MK9 line demise

I was really disappointed when Jerry let out that the MK9 line was 'phasing out'..it was a really abrupt and unexpected news, expecially since only one statue was released, and only two were in the works.

What surprised me even more, however, was the weak overall reaction of posters to the decision.
I thought there would be torches and fires, instead it seems the majority here seemed not to be bothered by the issue - heck, there's not even a thread about it!
Was the demand for the MK9 series that low?

I've been a huge mk fan since the beginning and I decided to go for the mk9 statues instead of the classic ones because I really loved the richness of details and the overall character designs from the last installment.
Now that mk9 is going to be demised, i can't even think on turning to the classic one, because many statues from that series are now long sold out (reptile for one).

Also I'm sure it will be a while for any news on mk10 to spread out; then I wonder, what reason was there to announce so early that the line would be put on hiatus?

Now, this is NOT a thread to bash Jerry's (or maybe Netherrealm's) decision, I just was interested to find out how many of you were disappointed by this decision like i was.

What do you guys think?
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #2
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

No harm, the MK9 was pants overall anyway. Nothing stoood out
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Completely disappointed, was hoping to see the MK9 Reptile he talked about among others. Besides Sub-Zero and maybe Goro all we have now is an endless line of boring ninja clones until the next gen MK hits. Sad times indeed.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I should have voted "Don't Care" because after my MK9 Scorpion was delivered to me in 8 different pieces I swore off the line. But I voted "Disappointed" because I don't like the idea of starting a line and taking so long to get any product out that by the time you have 3 or 4 pieces (announced, not even shipped) the line gets cancelled in favor of the next game that is barely in the pre-production stages at this point. Kinda lame.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm completely disappointed. I'm with Kagero, I choose to stick with the MK9 line and didn't get into the Klassic line because there really wasn't a big difference between the main ninjas. He didn't even get to some of the characters I was really looking for. At this point I can't complete either line. Might think about selling what I have after I receive them. It was a huge letdown. Jerry's Mortal Kombat line didn't have any competition out there.

Even if the Mortal Kombat line continues to the next game. Its going to take 2 to 3 years to get the next one.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I liked Shao Kahn, but when I got Scorpion I was disappointed (I realized then how bland his MK9 design really was). I have gotten all the characters I want (Shao Kahn), so I don't care either way.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
If Jerry never makes Raiden from MK2 then there will be pitchforks. Until then, I'm Zen.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
Hanzo
I am da law!

the should had been a looking forward to classics section and i would had voted
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I was disappointed man. I mean... So many cool designs and they're all...never gonna happen. I have to say though that Kitana was cool but I can understand what people say about "little things that just didn't feel quite right" plus her face was indeed similar to a well known actress who's name I assume is clear. Anyway, I was excited about Skarlet. She's so cool... And PCS is a good statue maker man. So that combination might have been awesome indeed in terms of the result!

But it's probably a good "business" approach to release the statues at the same time as MK10's release but at the same time if that's what it takes for more people to be interested (that's the only reason I see for the phasing out of MK9; MK10 statues will sell better) then what kind of customer do you aim to attract? One with money to burn and a fleeting interest in the statue? I mean MK classic ones are selling very well...and those games (MK3 and so on) are from the nineties...so I don't fully understand.
Erihppas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
If Jerry never makes Raiden from MK2 then there will be pitchforks. Until then, I'm Zen.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote