Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 07-22-2022, 10:21 AM   #511
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
A Diamond Select Toys release! The next member of the Sinister Six has arrived! Joining Green Goblin, Kraven and the Vulture, the newly revealed Doctor Octopus is now up for pre-order! Standing approximately 10 inches tall, this detailed sculpture is made of high-quality PVC and comes packaged in a full-color window box. Designed by Caesar, sculpted by Alterton.

In Shops: Dec 28, 2022
SRP: $59.99

alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:36 PM   #512
Mister H
Gen 13

I like the old school look of these Spidey villains. Can’t beat it.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:15 PM   #513
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Even after combining variants into single images, I ran out of space on the first page. The problem is that Diamond is releasing so many different Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Wolverine statues.
It's not that many overall. Maybe every 10th Gallery is one of those characters? Not counting con-exclusive variants? It's what helps us make lower-selling characters like Firestar, Nova, etc.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:42 PM   #514
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
It's not that many overall. Maybe every 10th Gallery is one of those characters? Not counting con-exclusive variants? It's what helps us make lower-selling characters like Firestar, Nova, etc.
I know, I'm just teasing you guys, lol.

Honestly, I like many of the Marvel PVC statues better than the DC ones. They're either better designed in terms of the concept or just really pretty. It's too bad because I mostly read DC and have only basic familiarity with Marvel characters.

For example, the Elektra Daredevil is similar to the Red Hood in terms of idea (character leaping over a chimney or part of a building):

Yet the Elektra Daredevil looks much better. Not sure why Red Hood is holding a katana as a gun or two guns would look more character-accurate. Were you told by DC not to include guns with your products?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 02:43 PM   #515
DSTZach
Distributor

No comment.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:49 PM   #516
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
No comment.
lol hmmm
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 02:56 PM   #517
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I for one am glad you made these and some of the variants. The larger statue makers have priced me out so I have switched to diamond. Your faces and sculpts have been mostly getting a lot better than previous years and still affordable (well galvatron and one or two others are out there). Bought several lately and have been selling off my Bowen statues. Will definitely be getting this doc ock as well. Nice job again.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:08 PM   #518
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I for one am glad you made these and some of the variants. The larger statue makers have priced me out so I have switched to diamond. Your faces and sculpts have been mostly getting a lot better than previous years and still affordable (well galvatron and one or two others are out there). Bought several lately and have been selling off my Bowen statues. Will definitely be getting this doc ock as well. Nice job again.
Yup. If I collected Marvel, I would get the Gallery Psylocke and/or the Premier statue. They're both better than the Sideshow Psylocke.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 12:15 PM   #519
DSTZach
Distributor

First official pics of Venompool:
https://www.superherohype.com/geek-c...product-reveal
Old 08-24-2022, 10:02 AM   #520
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey zac, what are the chances of you guys working on a Red Skull or Ghost Rider statue in either scale? Classic looks for them.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote