Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-07-2022, 11:49 AM   #41
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Woot, woot!!! Sooo happy it's Legends. Not sure why people are surprised or disappointed. People have been asking for her in the line for years.
Because the statue community enjoys being miserable.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #42
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Classic Sorceress >>> Horizon Dawn Sorceress
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:56 AM   #43
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I think she looks great from this early sketch, when she's fully painted with vibrant Orange, Blue & White she will really pop.
The Spirit of Greyskull effect will probably be similar to the spirit effect Sideshow used on thier COTD pieces, a kind of etheral Blue in transluscent resin.

I assume a Zoar will be coming as well, probably on a perch like Hordaks Minion.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:42 PM   #44
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Mattel knows that the vast majority of MOTU fans prefer the classic Sorceress look (as her other version has been all but ignored for pretty much all toy lines and new media since 2002) so I'm glad that Tweeterhead seems to be recognizing this and making this version.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #45
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Because the statue community enjoys being miserable.
This is certainly a misconstrued outlook!... Some people here are simply treating MOTU like DC or Marvel!

Casual MOTU fans are more into the diversity and the colorful creatures/characters from that universe and not just about humans with costumes...
MOTU was largely about the toys, and not just about mini-comics and cartoon characters.

We just got Teela, and it's great, now let's just get something more exciting before we get another similar form of a character...
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:52 PM   #46
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Mattel knows that the vast majority of MOTU fans prefer the classic Sorceress look (as her other version has been all but ignored for pretty much all toy lines and new media since 2002) so I'm glad that Tweeterhead seems to be recognizing this and making this version.
IMHO, TH has to think a little out of the box for the Legends line, not something too drastic, but something like this:

Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:53 PM   #47
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I was so caught up in the design, that I couldn't get into my thoughts on the pose and the super tall base. I get the concept is for her to be placed in the rear of a display to rise above the others. But like you, most of us won't have a display like that and will have her placed in more restrictive spaces.
Will she rise above the others though? The concept drawing showed her as being the same height as Skeletor. The width due to her wingspan on the other hand...
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:10 PM   #48
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanizor View Post
IMHO, TH has to think a little out of the box for the Legends line, not something too drastic, but something like this:

I do like that a lot. Does not take up a large footprint
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 03:13 PM   #49
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post

Besides Trap Jaw and Hordak (which is a part of their characters and designs), which other characters in the line look mechanical? For the record, I wouldn't want a mechanical Sorceress either... I just wanted to know where this thought is coming from.
Totally understand the question. To me, the 200x design always struck me as an Egyptian mechanical due to the wings. Her wings always looked cool, but looked like a mechanical/retractable attachment (which they were) instead of being an integral part of her look. I vastly prefer the magical/mystical look of original MOTU Sorceress with the wings/feathers built into her suit and fanning out/moving with her.

To me, MOTU was always more magical than historical so putting any Egyptian/Native American spin on her design doesn?t flow. You don?t see any of the other characters having ties go a culture, so why should Sorceress?

And my husband had played both video games. I love watching him play because it?s so pretty. And since I?m just watching, I can enjoy all the graphics without being distracted by survival
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 05:21 PM   #50
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Totally understand the question. To me, the 200x design always struck me as an Egyptian mechanical due to the wings. Her wings always looked cool, but looked like a mechanical/retractable attachment (which they were) instead of being an integral part of her look. I vastly prefer the magical/mystical look of original MOTU Sorceress with the wings/feathers built into her suit and fanning out/moving with her.
I can dig that, especially looking at a picture with your comment in mind. I liked both looks, but in my interpretation the classic one had a large dead bird's head as a headdress and a cloak made of the same bird's feathers while in 200X she actually was part bird... similar to Warren Worthington in concept (but with added magical transformational abilities).

Quote:
To me, MOTU was always more magical than historical so putting any Egyptian/Native American spin on her design doesn?t flow. You don?t see any of the other characters having ties go a culture, so why should Sorceress?
But there were a bunch of different cultures... Buzz Off, Webstor, Whiplash, Merman, Stratos, etc all had their own people with different traits and customs depending on their lifestyles, adaptations, regions of origin, etc. And 200X only expanded on that further and even added more like the alien Gar people (Keldor and Sy-Klone).

I never was one really for magical stuff, but I could tolerate it to certain extents. With MOTU, I latched on the biology, aliens, technology, and barbarianism sides of it all. I've always loved science and history, so I guess those bits of the lore had a bigger effect on me and stood out more than with others.

Quote:
And my husband had played both video games. I love watching him play because it?s so pretty. And since I?m just watching, I can enjoy all the graphics without being distracted by survival
That's very cool! And yeah, my wife is pretty similar to you in that regard, although she will give it a try herself as well. I guess I'm like both of you in one person as I tend to watch gameplay to see if a game is worth my time with story and graphics before I invest in a game to play myself haha.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote