Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-27-2020, 05:40 PM   #1051
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
No company entertains out of virtuous desire, well maybe Shakespear in the Park, but everyone wants to be paid for their efforts. I think what everyone else is saying, and I could be wrong, is they also add more on to their marketing than is necessary as a thank you to those of us who purchase and follow.

Which really, is better than most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Probably not, it's just another excuse to have an event to hype there products, which i don't blame them. Also more chances for reward codes. Also to show proto's that didn't get shown during SDCC.

So it could probably be done in 2-3 days, but they are trying to give folks some sort of entertainment during covid life.
Just saying I don’t think the bolded is the motivation. Hopefully they have some new and interesting products to show in a couple of months. Don’t get why it’s six days though...
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:43 PM   #1052
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Just saying I don’t think the bolded is the motivation. Hopefully they have some new and interesting products to show in a couple of months. Don’t get why it’s six days though...
In my opinion, it doesn’t need to be any longer than the actual show would have been.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:51 PM   #1053
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
In my opinion, it doesn’t need to be any longer than the actual show would have been.
That I'm not sure I understand either. Probably would be less pressure to do a normal 4 day weekend event.

Spooktacular I get because they run the scavanger hunts and social halloween events, but I think the NYCC even could easily be 3-4 days tops and be successful.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:54 PM   #1054
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

*sigh...

Posting videos with higher frequency will often net more views and followers on YouTube. Casual users are not going to even know there is a SideShow event until like the 4th time they post something about it.

If I was SideShow, and with all respect, I wouldn't be as concerned about Statue collectors since they already know about most of what is coming out. The goal would be to win over people who had never collected a statue or are casual about it.

I would say from that perspective they were quite successful. I know at least 3 people who never collected are now considering a statue and pinged me about it.
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:02 AM   #1055
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
*sigh...

Posting videos with higher frequency will often net more views and followers on YouTube. Casual users are not going to even know there is a SideShow event until like the 4th time they post something about it.

If I was SideShow, and with all respect, I wouldn't be as concerned about Statue collectors since they already know about most of what is coming out. The goal would be to win over people who had never collected a statue or are casual about it.

I would say from that perspective they were quite successful. I know at least 3 people who never collected are now considering a statue and pinged me about it.
They do a good job with their online presence. I don’t know how much of that is from the videos though. Usually when I was watching there were 300-400 people listed. Not that many didn’t view it later, but that’s not a huge following. But one of the FB groups they created for the event had thousands of followers. Then there is Twitter, Instagram, etc. they capture the pulse of what the kids want today. Lol.

I buy the occasional HT as well as stuff from other companies, but HT didn’t have anything too interesting this year, pretty safe releases. Seems like many companies didn’t have their full stable of what they would normally show.

IS stole the show, Though it’s not a display I’d ever entertain so while it was cool to look at, didn’t need to keep revisiting it. If this were a normal con I’d look at the pictures once then follow the discussion about the pieces I was actually interested in.

The trouble was, they kept going back to the same stuff over and over again. I don’t understand why they didn’t switch more things out.

Guess we’ll see what they do for NYCC online.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:21 AM   #1056
Mister H
Gen 13

Does Sideshow have a suggestion box or something?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:19 AM   #1057
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Does Sideshow have a suggestion box or something?
For products, yes.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #1058
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Some pretty good sales.

Anybody buy some pieces during the event?

I always wanted Supergirl and happy I got her at a decent price.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:50 PM   #1059
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Some pretty good sales.

Anybody buy some pieces during the event?

I always wanted Supergirl and happy I got her at a decent price.
Nothing I really wanted went up for sale, I'm hoping either NYCC or Spooktacular Changes that.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:29 AM   #1060
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I'm definitely interested in the new Spiderman, but it's not on sale yet. So, only the art print from this event.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote