Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

View Poll Results: 2011 Mustang, 2010 Camaro or 2010 Challenger?
2011 Mustang GT 8 15.69%
2010 Camaro 19 37.25%
2010 Challenger 11 21.57%
other (for $40K) 5 9.80%
Just save your money 8 15.69%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #21
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #22
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
That's a nice looking ride you have there!

The Challenger is really nice, but noticeably bigger than the other two. I guess that's a good thing since many reviews complimented the space, but also pointed out the the extra size made it perform slower than the other 2. Then again how many of us spin out and drive through obstacle courses daily? For an everyday driver I'm sure all these cars would be a enjoyable.

I like the Camaro's modern body styling the best, but I like the Mustangs interior the best. The Challenger has propably the most basic interior and dash, and if it was made over I would have seriously considered it. The again it's all about the retro look, so I can't fault the Challenger too bad on design.
Are you fukkin' crazy!?!?!? The Challenger will eat up and spit out both the Mustang and the Camaro without breaking sweat. Hemi power is not to be trifled with. Whoever made that remark is a raving Lunatic or a Chrysler hater.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #23
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Mustang for me. But all three are nice. Your Subaru is still a better car for going around corners though LOL.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #24
polystoned
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I think they're all ugly as sin. It's as if the Sports Utility Vehicle designers were trying and failing to crush those hideous things into Sports Utility Cars, or something, and came up with these big chunky boxes strictly limited to one graceful line per vehicle. The Challenger probably looks the best because it's an old design made before car designers lost their minds but it's a pig and built more like a luxury ride than a sports car. At least they still make Corvettes...
polystoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #25
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Looks like Ford has already ruined a good thing. The back of the Mustang for 2011 looks horrible. The front is still nice, though.
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #26
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
Are you fukkin' crazy!?!?!? The Challenger will eat up and spit out both the Mustang and the Camaro without breaking sweat. Hemi power is not to be trifled with. Whoever made that remark is a raving Lunatic or a Chrysler hater.
Haha, or has read a magazine or 10 on the subject and isn't a "hemi-power" sychophant. The Challenger R/T is the model which is always compared to the Mustang GT and Camaro SS due to the pricing structure. It's considerable weight disadvantage always gives it a third place finish compared to the Mustang and Camaro at the strip and in handling. Even most reviews of the SRT-8 would still bring it in behind the Camaro SS.

Both the Camaro and Challenger are two door versions of 4-door vehicle platforms, that's why they weigh so much and need so much more power to outperform the Mustang. As soon as the Mustang has its 412 under the hood, I don't think the other two are going to stand a chance.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #27
abarron
Batman

Love the styling of the challenger
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #28
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

all of these are great rides. Just because one is preferred does not take away from another. For your every day car they are all in the same ballpark. I have been a Camaro nut for a lot of years so that is where my heart lies and I am very happy with the new model.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #29
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I voted Camaro. Would be nice if they did a Z-28 again.
But god knows what coming federal emissions laws will reign in the power.

If the lack of rear seats isn't a problem....
Consider a used 6th generation Corvette, or sometimes a new less optioned base model can be had for much less then expected.

I drove Camaros for years, and was quite happy to move over to Vettes, you will get a lot of joy out of them because they run like a raped ape on rails. There is indeed a difference between a muscle car and a sports car. The handling is exceptional in the turns and I am amazed how it just sticks to the road.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #30
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
Wow! I really like that GTO concept. Shame it'll never see the light of day.
Sadly we more than likely will never get to see this 'Cuda prototype either

Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote