Statue Forum 

» Sponsors
First 4 Figures



Gentle Giant Ltd.



Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios
 
Arahom Radjah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengjun View Post
resin garage kits?
i donno man, isnt that a step backwards?

anyways, if they look cool and cheap, im in anyways.
I think you did not understand what Cobblepot suggested.

We are not talking about producing garage kits, but the idea is that ARH Studios would sell blank statues like naked figures, so collectors could buy them and create their on characters.

We (ARH) would only sell the blank statues, NOT customize anything!


To be honest, I have always used blank figures to sculpt my statues, and I know it is a very popular method among the best sculptors in the industry!~

Just take Ehren Bienert or William Paquet for instance, two of the best in this business, and both use wax blank figures to sculpt!

I'm sure this would be a very promising product, but if we do that, I would have to go digital!

Although, Ehren would make us a perfect blank body, we can't beat the practicality of digital sculpture in this case, especially about size/scale! One figure can be made in several different sizes and please everyone!!!!

I'm seriously considering it since yesterday, and I might as well do it!

When I was in Brazil in the beginning of my career as a sculptor, I used to call those blank statues, "PELADINHOS", and I surely made a lot of money with them!

best,
Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #12
Simon Williams
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Simon Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post
I think you did not understand what Cobblepot suggested.

We are not talking about producing garage kits, but the idea is that ARH Studios would sell blank statues like naked figures, so collectors could buy them and create their on characters.

We (ARH) would only sell the blank statues, NOT customize anything!


To be honest, I have always used blank figures to sculpt my statues, and I know it is a very popular method among the best sculptors in the industry!~

Just take Ehren Bienert or William Paquet for instance, two of the best in this business, and both use wax blank figures to sculpt!

I'm sure this would be a very promising product, but if we do that, I would have to go digital!

Although, Ehren would make us a perfect blank body, we can't beat the practicality of digital sculpture in this case, especially about size/scale! One figure can be made in several different sizes and please everyone!!!!
I'm seriously considering it since yesterday, and I might as well do it!

When I was in Brazil in the beginning of my career as a sculptor, I used to call those blank statues, "PELADINHOS", and I surely made a lot of money with them!

best,
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Not a big fan of digital sculpts.let Ehren knock it out.
Simon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #13
fengjun
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
fengjun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post
I think you did not understand what Cobblepot suggested.

We are not talking about producing garage kits, but the idea is that ARH Studios would sell blank statues like naked figures, so collectors could buy them and create their on characters.

We (ARH) would only sell the blank statues, NOT customize anything!


To be honest, I have always used blank figures to sculpt my statues, and I know it is a very popular method among the best sculptors in the industry!~

Just take Ehren Bienert or William Paquet for instance, two of the best in this business, and both use wax blank figures to sculpt!

I'm sure this would be a very promising product, but if we do that, I would have to go digital!

Although, Ehren would make us a perfect blank body, we can't beat the practicality of digital sculpture in this case, especially about size/scale! One figure can be made in several different sizes and please everyone!!!!

I'm seriously considering it since yesterday, and I might as well do it!

When I was in Brazil in the beginning of my career as a sculptor, I used to call those blank statues, "PELADINHOS", and I surely made a lot of money with them!

best,
hey arahom, i just want to know if these blanks will be casted in resin or polystone. 'cause unpainted, unassembled white resins are just like garage kits to me. I used to buy alot of those anime garage kits myself.

btw, when can we see anubis painted? cleopatra started? spartacus?
fengjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #14
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios
 
Arahom Radjah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengjun View Post
hey arahom, i just want to know if these blanks will be casted in resin or polystone. 'cause unpainted, unassembled white resins are just like garage kits to me. I used to buy alot of those anime garage kits myself.

btw, when can we see anubis painted? cleopatra started? spartacus?
We are already in the process of transfering Anubis files to the factory, so we can get our hard copy.

Spartacus depends on Mr. Paquet! I'm just waiting for some pictures I can post.

Cleopatra is already a go, so Alex might send us some pics anytime now!

About the Blanks, I still don't know exactly how we gonna do it, but resin or polystone are basicly the same thing with similar results, so we will go with the material that better suits the purpose!
Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #15
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios
 
Arahom Radjah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Williams View Post
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Not a big fan of digital sculpts.let Ehren knock it out.
LOL.... If we make it, I'm sure you will like the results!
Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #16
Mezzanin9
U talkin' to me?
 
Mezzanin9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 559
i dont know what are you guys talking about..i never seen PELADINHOS ???
Mezzanin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com