Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

Not a Happy Bowen collector today...

I had a flood in my basement over the weekend due to a storm here in NY...And I have to say I am not happy at all with my Bowen Statues...I am not sure if it was due to crappy paint, or the statue just being to porous.. Anyway here is what happened...

Alot of my Statues are still in the Original Boxes because I will be moving withing the next 6-9 months...So anyway I had 4 Bowen Statues and 4 SS statues get Soaked...(only the Bases of the Statues were submerged)
My Damaged Bowen are --Spidey- Symbiote, REG and Scarlet Spider and A Spider Woman, all FS...After 2 days of being in the Water the paint Bubbled up all over the Base and they are watter logged...The SS pieces were in the water the same time. And All I Did was wipe them dry and they are 100% fine...WTF!!! (those were my SIM, Indy PF, IM classic Comiquette and Celtic Predator mask)

Why would this only happen to my Bown Pieces??

Did Bowen use Cheap paint back in the Day..or cheaper material...Just can't not understand why this only happened to them...
Old 03-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

That sucks Frankie, sorry mate

I have some bubbling on my Phase 1 DD from water damage from the previous owner. I can't answer your question though...
Old 03-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Thank goodness for insurance. You do have insurance don't you?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
fengjun
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

sorry to hear man.

but to be fair, not statue is meant to be submerged in water for 2 days...
Old 03-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Talking about Insurance, do you guys have a special collectors insurance? I notice that Renters insurance doesn't cover earthquake, or flood damage and if they do only up to 5K.

I have well above 50K in collectibles, that I had coverage under my Home Owners inssurance but since we just sold the house and I am renting for the next 2 years, and my Renters insurance doesn't cover it. I have no clue what to do, I've searched online but have no clue who is a good comapny to go with.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Yes but they are saying that it was a natural Disaster flood...so they do not want to pay...NY and NJ got Hammered this Weekend ( a Hurricane with no name) Worst storm in NY and NJ in 30 years...So they are trying everything not to pay because ALOT of claims are coming in...SO i have to wait and see on this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengjun View Post
sorry to hear man.

but to be fair, not statue is meant to be submerged in water for 2 days...
Yes you are right about that...But just mind Boggling how 2 diffrent companies had 2 totally diffrent Effects in the same time frame...
Old 03-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
Talking about Insurance, do you guys have a special collectors insurance? I notice that Renters insurance doesn't cover earthquake, or flood damage and if they do only up to 5K.

I have well above 50K in collectibles, that I had coverage under my Home Owners inssurance but since we just sold the house and I am renting for the next 2 years, and my Renters insurance doesn't cover it. I have no clue what to do, I've searched online but have no clue who is a good comapny to go with.
I used Travelers for my Condo insurance...Which is basically like Renters since it covers only the inside...I have 30k of coverage from them..
Old 03-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
sputnik
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Really sorry to hear that. Could be that's one of the reasons Bowens are generally inexpensive.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post

Yes, I have CIA (Collectors Insurance Agency). I have all my stuff covered and there are no "exclusions" except for stuff like "War". I put in a claim for my DC Aquaman statue which had a stress ankle fracture and was paid the value minus any residual value with no questions asked. It's only about $200 / year for $25,000 of coverage and that's for all my statues, action figures, ornaments, and comics.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #10
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

that sucks Frankie! at least all the damaged statues are common, no very rare ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
Really sorry to hear that. Could be that's one of the reasons Bowens are generally inexpensive.
they aren't really inexpensive these days though...infact they are borderline overpriced IMO especially if the paint isn't up to snuff
Closed Thread