Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 03-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
dr_teng

DC Direct Supergirl and Batgirl Women of DC busts review

With the recent Cover Girls of DC Batgirl announcement, and no doubt an upcoming Supergirl in that line, seemed a great time to review the Adam Hughes Batgirl/Supergirl Women of DC busts.

Larger versions of the images can be seen at the above link.

The Supergirl is fairly rare and goes for well above it’s retail price while the Batgirl does not, she’s cheap as hell. Both also have more than one version, the series 2 Supergirl, and the upcoming Series 3 batdance Batgirl.

The Supergirl really takes it up a notch since she’s rarely ever depicted like this. She’s adult, sexy, and playful. The interesting choice of hair and outfit work incredibly well. The Metropolis themed base compliments her nicely. Among the best in the line. Be careful with this one, the fingers are sensitive. I accidentally broke one, fortunately, in a way that doesn’t really show up.

The Batgirl is also very nice, just not as nice as the Supergirl. Her base is decent, but it doesn’t say Gotham to me. The pose is fine, though I question why they gave her a batarang. From certain angles, it looks more like she’s holding a gun. Holding the mask with her other hand is a great touch. Just make sure you don’t lose the mask, since it'll often fall out of her hand when you're moving her.

The paint on both is superb. Supergirl has a variety of muted colours mixed with the traditional Supergirl colours. Batgirl has a great mix of dark and vibrant colours, the yellow costume elements and red hair come off well.

4.5/5. Supergirl is a 5, Batgirl is a 4. Both strong entries into a fantastic line of busts.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Nice reviews. These are kinda half or 3/4 statues. Seems like alot of companies are moving to this way of producing "busts"

Last edited by Bullseye; 03-25-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Nice reviews. These are kinda half or 3/4 statues. Seems like alot of companies are moving to this was of producing "busts"
That's fine with me, I don't like traditional busts very much!