Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 01-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
iceprince_x
Deadman

RokuToys - MonkeyMan and O'Brien

The statues were made as early as 2009 but never came to my knowledge until a mistake I did when I was searching for a statue at E-bay.

Created by Rokutoys, a statue company that mainly and currently focuses on Usagi (body guard rabbit) characters, is a side treat from their usual stuff.

The statues are based from the art of Art Adams, one of the most notable artists in comics whose works in X-Men among others are still enjoyed by countless generations. MonkeyMan and O'Brien is his own creation though it has only one complete series in itself, it was able to spawn several guess appearance to other comic book titles and a toy line.

The statues is designed to be a interconnecting diorama but each piece can be separated and stand by itself.

The paint job for these statues are great, very loyal to the actual art made by Art Adams. In fact, even the appearance of the two heroes are on the dot. And did I say that MonkeyMan has really some weight to him? He is not some hollowed cast statue but compact and very detailed.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
iceprince_x
Deadman

Here are some more details of the statue and my ratings:

Monkeyman stands: 10 in (height) x 7 in (width)

O'Brien stands: 6.5 in (height) x 4.75 in (width)

Paint: 4.5/5
Detail: 5/5
Character likeness: 5/5
Scale: 4/5

My only wish is that they made O'Brien into 1/7 scale and Monkeyman to be around 1/5 scale and also that Rokutoys will look into more untapped indie comic characters from notable comic book artists.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote