Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Art Stories

Old 08-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Ray Dillon and My Dissapointment

Here we go. Another story, and the only other bad story I have commission wise.

Back in September of 2009 Ray Dillon and wife Renae De Liz were going through financial trouble, preparing for their soon to be newborn and other infant son and with threat of losing their house plus issues like their credit ruined via identity theft.

I never had heard of Ray in truth but the story was so sad that I decided to donate what I could. I then saw he was also taking commissions of various sizes and decided to get one of those as well, an acrylic speed painting that'd be $12 with shipping. Nothing crazy.

So as it goes on they decide to move rather than keep the current house and traded up and so on and life was hectic for them overall so I figured the piece wouldn't be ready for a while. I never really had an estimated completion date but I figured it'd get done soon enough or after they settle a bit.

After that I kept in contact with him to a very small degree via facebook (I've tried e-mails but he didn't seem to respond much to them).

Then and until June of 2010 I was sending him messages over and over and he responded in surprise genuinely seeming to think he sent it already. OK...maybe he just got confused and so on, he has stuff going on.

I kept messaging and by August 2010 he noted me it was complete and drying and ready to be sent off soon.

By September 2010 and more messaging he tells me it went out.

And now in April 2011 after waiting and sending message after message questioning about it he tells me it must've gotten lost.

He offered to do another one free of charge given it wasn't a large amount of money but having chased a $12 piece for 19 months I called it quits and said that was fine. I just didn't have it in me to care anymore and I knew anything I'd receive at that point wouldn't be worth it.

But I asked if he at least had a scan of said piece as I never saw anything of it.

He never replied and I just gave up. :/

Maybe everything he said was true and he did do the work, I honestly just can't say, but having to put all that effort in to contact him for such a small task has truthfully soured me on ever getting anything he works on and certainly never a commission. It was just such an utter disappointment, I didn't even get to see the piece in any shape or form. Overall, even if everything he said WAS true, it just wouldn't be worth the effort to get anything from him.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Frank
Death is hereditary.

I agree with everything you said. And you aren't alone my experience was the same just not as long but close.

On a different thread here where we rate a experience I put:

-1 Ray Dillon - If I could put -10000000 I would. As mentioned on another thread, prick, douche bag, late, lies, excuses and Paypal dispute. That sums up my experience with Ray.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #3
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

now you guys know what the bank agents felt like when going after him for his unpaid financial responsibilities...no wonder he went under.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
now you guys know what the bank agents felt like when going after him for his unpaid financial responsibilities...no wonder he went under.
Huh. Never saw this reply until now since I was checking out the art stories area.

I remember hearing they had a ton of credit card theft/stolen identity issues (IE what started the story way back when).

Not sure if that's what you mean or something else. I don't consider credit card theft MY responsibility if I didn't make the charges.

Unless you mean you think they made it up which I'd doubt (even with his run around).