Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wrath of the Titans

Like many I didn't love the Clash of the Titans remake but it certainly wasn't as bad as some people made it out to be. This sequel looks VERY promising though.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/wrathofthetitans/
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

It wasn't?

What exactly did u find good or amusing about this movie?
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

looks pretty good I wil wait till it comes out on blu-ray though
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
It wasn't?

What exactly did u find good or amusing about this movie?
Amusing? Nothing was amusing about it but I thought the effects were good and it was entertaining as a straight up action/fantasy film. More than I can say for a lot of other fantasy films as of late. Namely Prince of Persia, Conan the Barbarian, Season of the Witch, The Chronicles of Narnia and the new Pirates of the Caribbean. That said Clash wasn't great either but I think reports of it being awful were exaggerated.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
Spazzy
Hercules

I liked the first one, liked the original two, can't expect them to be the same. Looking forward to the second one alot!
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Amusing? Nothing was amusing about it but I thought the effects were good and it was entertaining as a straight up action/fantasy film. More than I can say for a lot of other fantasy films as of late. Namely Prince of Persia, Conan the Barbarian, Season of the Witch, The Chronicles of Narnia and the new Pirates of the Caribbean. That said Clash wasn't great either but I think reports of it being awful were exaggerated.
I personally don't get the hate this one receives. It was by no means a classic, but it was also nowhere near the bottom of the pile of movies you just listed or any of the other similar type movies that have been released in recent years for that matter. The cast was way better than most of the others at least, and I know that doesn't always mean much, but for me it helped in this case. When you add the effects, and the familiar story, it made for a pretty enjoyable movie that for the most part achieved what it set out to do. Again, not an epic, but a pretty good popcorn flick.

Based on my enjoyment of the 1st, I'm actually looking forward to the new one, something I never thought I would be saying.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I personally don't get the hate this one receives.
I think its the fact that its a remake of what many consider to be a classic fantasy film. As a result it has a built in challenge to do something more or better in order to gain acceptance.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I think its the fact that its a remake of what many consider to be a classic fantasy film. As a result it has a built in challenge to do something more or better in order to gain acceptance.
I can understand that, and I absolutely agree, that was actually one of the main reasons I was hesitant to see the remake in the first place. I finally caught it on HBO in HD, and was pleasantly surprised. I am a big fan of the original, and will be the 1st to admit that that was also not a perfect film, one that certainly has aged as well as it should. Having said all of this, I do feel that in some ways the remake bested the original, but that's mainly due to advances in technology more than anything else.

I am no fan of remakes, but COTT was one I can overlook. The original was a bit of a missed opportunity itself, and it seems the remake is doing what the original couldn't do, which was to start a franchise.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
El Pulento
The InJustice League

I'm a sucker för Trailers.. so thanks.... I preferred his hair from the first one...
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:

Is that a surprise?
Any remake will always be compared to the original.
The original was @ least memorable.
I wasn't impressed by the effects @ all, the gods looked cheesy & everything else looked like a video game. Sam Worthington is a joke, how this guy continues to get lead roles is beyond me.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote