Statue Forum 

» Sponsors
XM Studios



Gentle Giant Ltd.


StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #31
Predator
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
Adamantium Plus Member
 
Predator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post

"Averone, Please take some time to re-post it in all forums we are members! Thanks"
Since they are no longer members here, that would mean post everywhere but here. What a baby.
__________________
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #32
TNovak
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
TNovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frozen Wasteland
Posts: 5,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
I must have. However, this is no way to run a business. I may move on and forget adding this sculpts to my collection if this is how customers (fans) are treated.

Artists are a weird bunch.

SL
Certainly up to you. There are a couple here who say they got mistreated but everyone I know and me personally have always been treated very well by ARH and any problems I have had (and I have only had one actually) have always been taken care of at ARH expense including shipping when necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Since they are no longer members here, that would mean post everywhere but here. What a baby.
Arahom is still on the members list here. I know Averone was banned but don't know if it was permanent or not. Someone posted earlier in here that Arahom was not banned. But if you are right and they have both been banned then why are they being babies not wanting their stuff posted at a forum that banned them?

Just asking because his post doesn't mention here at all other than as you say asking Averone to post where "We" are members so maybe he didn't want it posted here because Averone was banned.
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #33
dechirico7
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
dechirico7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 10,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I'm not saying you or anyone else can't visit or shouldn't visit any section they want, just pointing out that it is funny how several (not just you, but you included) people who have publically stated they will never own another ARH statue continue to spend a lot of time here.
Oh, I would buy one, but Arahom banned me from purchasing any of their statues in the future. lol. Just because I asked where my Cleopatra box was and said that I wasn't going to purchase another statue until I had it. Umm....yeah. I would say that is pretty bad for a Producer to say something like that to a current and at-the-time ongoing customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I know you had a bad experience but I also know your version of events and Arahom's are not exactly the same, the truth is probably somewhere in between. I don't want to rehash your situation (I REALLY don't) but in this thread alone you have said "bullheaded", "idiotic", "childish" to describe a decision that he wanted his own rep to post pics of a WIP rather than having members post it. I don't know why for sure but as I said I bet it is because he doesn't want the very vocal minority to start ripping on it and him if it is presented as a finished product. I can hear the "what about the box" yuks now and complaints about the photos and stuff in the back ground, unfinished sculpt, weapons too small, and on and on.
I am sure Arahom has his own version, but sadly it isn't true. I forwarded his private messages to me to the mods here and they agreed that it was in bad taste. I'm not making anything up, I'm not stretching the situation. My way of events is how it actually happened. I didn't know anything about a "Rep" posting the pics. All I read is that he banned pictures from being posted here. I really don't see what the difference would be between a rep posting them and a customer posting them, or even just a member. Critism is part of the collectible world. If he doesn't like it, maybe he is in the wrong business. Every company on this forum receives criticism on their pieces.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Given how his first post in that thread is ripped here without any acknowledgement of his second post in the same thread within 5 minutes of the first is just the latest example I can completely see why ARH would do that.

You say "you have the experience to back it up, I think MOST of us do". I would disagree. I have no doubt that your situation went south badly and probably part of it was the cumulative effect of some of the over the top criticism he was taking and the stress fell more on you than what the one instance warranted but I also have bought statues from Arahom for years, since he was in Brazil, and I know that almost everyone has had great customer service from him. I know I have.
Actually, at the time I don't think he was getting much criticism. Most of the issues were people waiting for boxes. I think most of the pieces they were previewing at the time were coming across very well. I was told when I purchased my AP Cleopatra that I would receive a box later, when the regulars were done in production. This was questioned after that time and Araholm then told us that we weren't going to get one. That we weren't promised a box. I wouldn't buy a statue without a box. It could have been that criticism that sent him overboard. But you can't promise people something one second and then deny it the next. Especially on a public forum, where your initial statements can be found.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #34
dechirico7
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
dechirico7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 10,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Certainly up to you. There are a couple here who say they got mistreated but everyone I know and me personally have always been treated very well by ARH and any problems I have had (and I have only had one actually) have always been taken care of at ARH expense including shipping when necessary.



Arahom is still on the members list here. I know Averone was banned but don't know if it was permanent or not. Someone posted earlier in here that Arahom was not banned. But if you are right and they have both been banned then why are they being babies not wanting their stuff posted at a forum that banned them?

Just asking because his post doesn't mention here at all other than as you say asking Averone to post where "We" are members so maybe he didn't want it posted here because Averone was banned.
Arahom left. He created a thread about his resignation from this forum.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #35
TNovak
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
TNovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frozen Wasteland
Posts: 5,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Arahom left. He created a thread about his resignation from this forum.
Shows what I know. I must have missed it. Is it still up?


And I should say I don't speak for Arahom or ARH nor am I privy to all or even very much that goes on or why he makes whatever decisions he makes, I just know that the Arahom that is described on a pretty regular basis on this forum by a few people is not anything like the Arahom I have dealt with for years.

I think most if not all of the issues described in threads here were a result of him being a one man company. People think of ARH as a statue company and it is but before Averone came on board Arahom was all alone and had to do everything including sculpting, painting, molding, shipping, finance, web site, dealing with China, ordering material and boxes, design, customer service, QC, shipping, and anything else you can think of. Even with Averone as an investor (I think that is all he does but I don't know) and a digital sculptor he still has to do everything else.

And as a one man company I suppose he is also subject to his personal feelings ruling decisions such as where he wants his work posted and where he wants to even discuss his work. Last I heard on another forum they said they were doing well and I know they sold out several items at sideshow and on their website and several more are near sold out at sideshow. So maybe everybody is happy with this (non)arrangement.
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #36
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Shows what I know. I must have missed it. Is it still up?
.
Here's Arahom's "letter of resignation" from this forum
"08-12-2011, 05:18 PM #1
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Arahom Radjah's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via MSN to Arahom Radjah

My decision of not interacting in forums anymore.
I've given a lot of thought about this, and I think it is time for me to avoid some unnecessary stresses, so I decided not to interact with people through public forums anymore. I appreciate and thank the Statue Forum for the section we have here, and I’m sure our section here will be kept updated if SF decides to keep it.

Interacting with fans and buyers is a pleasure for me, but it seems there is a new trend around the forums in attacking producers for no apparent reasons, and I just don’t feel confortable with this. I’m very short tempered, and I just don’t deal easily with this, so I rather stay away.

We will create a news section on ARH website to keep everyone updated on the latest news, and also a forum, so you can keep interacting with me over there if you feel like it, but definitely under a different set of rules.

I have nothing personal against anyone here, and I’m really grateful to SF for our section. I just think it’s time to take care of ARH Studios under a different perspective.

I’ll still answer valid question if necessary on this thread, but this will be it.

I will also gladly answer any member, fan or buyer personally through my email: info@arhstatues.com

thanks,
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To fully understand ARH's grievances with StatueForum, check out Arahom's epic Battle Royal (the thread got over 20 000 views!) mostly with the mod called "Galactus" here:http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=120317
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #37
testsubject25
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
testsubject25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,877
And there ya have it.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #38
TNovak
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
TNovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frozen Wasteland
Posts: 5,503
That statement sounds more like the Arahom I know and I have no problem with it.

He thanks the forum and says he has no problem with anyone and that he has a short temper (which I didn't know and it has never seemed that way to me). He says he will still answer what he considers to be valid questions in this forum but otherwise will not engage in back and forth.

Doesn't seem unreasonable at all to me. He thinks producers are at times attacked unfairly here and he isn't the only producer that thinks that.

I'm glad this forum let's people say what they want for the most part and I definitely don't want criticism censored or forbidden. But with that can come some excesses (at least IMO). I've always adhered to the idea that just because you can say something doesn't always mean you should or if you do the way it is said can make a difference.

In this case he just decided he would prefer to not deal with it in a back and forth public fashion any more. Sometimes what customers don't understand or forget is a public complaint can cost a producer other customers and therefore they are more sensitive to public compalints particularly about quality or customer service.

No producer wants complaints in public, especially if they can be handled behind the scenes.

He provides his email so anyone can still contact him anytime privately with questions or concerns of any kind.
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #39
testsubject25
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
testsubject25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
That statement sounds more like the Arahom I know and I have no problem with it.

He thanks the forum and says he has no problem with anyone and that he has a short temper (which I didn't know and it has never seemed that way to me). He says he will still answer what he considers to be valid questions in this forum but otherwise will not engage in back and forth.

Doesn't seem unreasonable at all to me. He thinks producers are at times attacked unfairly here and he isn't the only producer that thinks that.

I'm glad this forum let's people say what they want for the most part and I definitely don't want criticism censored or forbidden. But with that can come some excesses (at least IMO). I've always adhered to the idea that just because you can say something doesn't always mean you should or if you do the way it is said can make a difference.

In this case he just decided he would prefer to not deal with it in a back and forth public fashion any more. Sometimes what customers don't understand or forget is a public complaint can cost a producer other customers and therefore they are more sensitive to public compalints particularly about quality or customer service.

No producer wants complaints in public, especially if they can be handled behind the scenes.

He provides his email so anyone can still contact him anytime privately with questions or concerns of any kind.


Honestly man, dig around if that thread is still up. While they've chilled out now, Arahom and Averone brought that on themselves. It wasn't like people were sitting around and said, "Let's pick on those guys!" It was an all out war for a while.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #40
TNovak
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
TNovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frozen Wasteland
Posts: 5,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Honestly man, dig around if that thread is still up. While they've chilled out now, Arahom and Averone brought that on themselves. It wasn't like people were sitting around and said, "Let's pick on those guys!" It was an all out war for a while.
I'm sure I didn't see every thread but the ones I did see that is exactly how it looked to me. People complaining about boxes, getting wrong parts, pricing of statues, and on and on. I could easily address any or all of the issues but it would take a lot of writing so let's just say I think ARH was treated unfairly on all of them.

But what I don't think a lot of customers understand is if you are a one or two man company and you invest the kind of money they did in the most recent statue group and you have a few people all over the forum saying basically not to buy them because they will be available for half that later (not likely as they are sold out or near sold out on Sideshow and the Website) and that they don't send boxes (not true, but it took longer than thought), their boxes suk (true if you want full color photo boxes or care about that and there was a problem with reg box fitting AP Cleopatra), and every other complaint (mostly frivolous in my view) from a lot of people who had never even purchased an ARH statue. Throw in the fact that some mods were also doing the same, which is a little bit of a problem because you can't deal with them in a "permission to speak freely" manner because they have the power to ban you.

I get it. Some of you think ARH is unfair, a baby, rude, whatever. So don't buy from him. I don't care and I don't think he does anymore either. They seem to be selling well on Sideshow and his website so it all came out in the wash.

I along with many others have had great experiences with ARH and will continue to buy from him. In addition to the good experiences I have had, the other reason I am so pro ARH is he is one of the only producers that is making the kind of stuff I like in the style that I like (for example I like his Thor better than movie or Marvel Thor).
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com