Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 01:57 PM   #2571
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Can someone who is in attendance please ask if Storm is still coming with an alternate set of arms? They previously showed a different set that was supposed to go with the smiling portrait.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:59 PM   #2572
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Can someone who is in attendance please ask if Storm is still coming with an alternate set of arms? They previously showed a different set that was supposed to go with the smiling portrait.
Hi Northern! Good eye! You are 100% correct. There is another set of arms which were supposed to be displayed with the smiling portrait. Worry not - these will be featured on the official release!
Old 09-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #2573
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Hi Northern! Good eye! You are 100% correct. There is another set of arms which were supposed to be displayed with the smiling portrait. Worry not - these will be featured on the official release!
Awesome, thanks for checking!!! If you can take lots of pics of her
Old 09-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #2574
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Good news , thanks !!
Old 09-11-2017, 03:44 AM   #2575
chipbutty55
Frackin!

Quote:
You are correct, sir! Only the two portraits shown will be featured in this release. Having seen Poison Ivy in person, let me tell you - it is STUNNING!
Thanks for the reply! Shame, this is a beautiful portrait.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:05 AM   #2576
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Fantastic pieces this year at the show Brian congrats to everyone. I would like to know if on the Hulkbuster extra pieces are coming with it so I can display it NON battle damaged. Earlier in threads it was mentioned that we had these options:

Battle damaged displayed with Extremis outside
Battle damaged displayed with Extremis inside

Non Damaged displayed with Extremis outside
Non Damaged displayed with Extremis inside

I'd really like if I could get NON Damaged parts for cleaner new look.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:43 PM   #2577
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Hi Bryan,

Is the upcoming Alien statue also sculpted by Narin?
Old 09-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #2578
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Barely recovered from the awesome convention - met so many new friends! Very happy to see our friends HMO, Ryu Studio and Kinetiquettes making great pieces and getting the recognition they deserve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Hey Bryan. Good to see you back.

So I see on the XM FB page GFX was announced... some of us are STILL waiting on replies from them via their on site contact page.
If they cant return multiple emails, how are they supposed to be relied upon to ship a $1k statue?
Have things improved? I've spoken to them and they have shown me they are quite proactive. Let me know otherwise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
Thank you so much Bryan for taking the time and replying back regarding Doc Oc.

I understand that there are design limitations with some of the characters, but maybe this one would have been the perfect statue to reduce the weight on the body.

I have to admit, as much as I looove my XM statues their weight can be be very cumbersome to move around.

Going lighter on the body of the Doc Oc can do wonders to this statue.

I know it's probably too late for any changes now, but for future reference I would like if XM can ease a bit on the weight of these statues...maybe I'm just getting too old for that ��
Yeah we try to balance it off when we can. For instance, Medusa's Lockjaw is a huge dog and if we made that solid or close to our usual statues, it would be unmovable! But noted on easing on the weight. You'd be pleased to know that we are launching 1/6 DC line then - good quality statues that weighs less but won't skimp on detail and design!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
Would Weapon X be release this year or next year? pls say this year

Thanks
It would be next year as we still have to figure out the wet look that doesn't compromise on product durability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrapro1 View Post
The Hulkbuster statue is one of XMs master pieces and one of priciest released. You guys have to have lights on this that work . The competition did it on lesser quality Hulkbuster statues . I know they sold out I bought one but that doesn't mean you guys shouldn't do it. The customer is always right for thousands spent some lights would be best finishing touch you could give us. Please please do this .

Regards

Mile
Your wish has been answered - check out the video reviews - light it up, Buster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Hi Bryan, is the prestige member also available when we buy from XM Studios Europe distributor ? It doesn't seem it is the case. Why ?
That is because the EU distributor isn't actually XM, they are a distributor but because they only sell XM, they have adopted the XM EU business name. They have their own programs, processes, operations etc. I think they should offer some sort of VIP or loyalty member programs? I'll be heading to Lucca convention in Nov to speak personally with EU collectors and gather feedback on how to better service our EU customers. One of the key topics would be addressing the high customs and tax, and ways we can try to bring costs and shipping down for EU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Hi Bryan!

Hope this wasn't asked before but what are the odds of seeing a Dormammu 1/4 by XM?

Pretty please?
Dormammu who??? I kid... I know who he is and he looks pretty badass. He's currently not on our radar but never say never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
At least 2... So if I read that right, you've just confirmed there will be 5 TF statues on display!?!

We need more, but 5 will be a good start.

How are you going with Australian distribution? I hope this will be sorted before PO of Prime?

Keep up the good work team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedzy View Post
This!

I really want to buy optimus as my 1st XM piece and having a place down under from which to purchase it from would be great. Dealing with customs and such is a real pain and I would much rather avoid it if possible.
Still on the look out for a good Australia distributor. So far I've been recommended to go to Popcultcha. Any good recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Hi Bryan! When will the DC 1/6 statue line make their reveal? TIA
Charles and Kris from SF has seen some sneak peeks lol! I'd say we should be revealing some concepts maybe end of the year. I've heard that China recasters are now very fast, they can produce the products based on concepts so sharing concepts can be dangerous! Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Will the Transformers statues come with art prints?

If so, can I make a request... Please don't have the artwork be in the same pose as the statue. I would rather it be a little different as a companion piece as opposed to a copy of.
Yes they will come with art prints but traditionally we make them based on the statue pose so it's a consistent theme. It's the first time I've heard of this input so if many people feel the same way, we would consider changing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
Can XM sell direct to the US yet? I thought I heard that they were working on doing that but never saw an update. I really would love to order direct from them instead of trying to order through third party.
At the moment it's the GFX guys at http://gfxdistribution.com/ they can carry our worldwide license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Bryan -- will Storm's hair color be change to be actually white. It comes off very gray in a lot of angels and lighting option. In with the rest of my Storm collection it's going to show even more as gray and not white.

I'm not gonna lie that I'm sad about the non-silver suit, but I can look past that if her hair is true to the character.

Also, any chance her skin color could be made more mocha or chocolate? There is a lot of red in there right now.

It's a flawless sculpt, perfect pose, and I LOVE how her face looks exotic. Not just like a white girl with dark skin. Kudos on the art direction with her. Just hoping the paints can be tweaked to be more accurate.
I've told Kris and Charles to take more photos of Storm just for you They have feedback alot of photos are not taken properly so let's wait for them to post theirs in the forum and let's review again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Hey Bryan,

I know Deathstroke is available to be ordered at STGCC this weekend, do you know when we will see it? I definitely want to see it before I order.
Painted proto for reveal probably only early next year. Earliest end of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Does the worldwide DC license include the Darkseid diorama? I know that was teased before they announced the 1:6 DC license so I wasn't sure if that just applied to the individual statues from the upcoming line or if the Darkseid diorama will also be available worldwide.
Yes, all DC stuff are worldwide license moving forward We are a small fish now accessing the big ocean, please bear with us and guide us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
I came across this photo on FB. I have been following this Nefzen Thor for quite some time. Can someone tell me more about what XM is planning to do with this statue.
We have dedicated a line of products titled "Art Series" which is aimed at producing original work from artists. We certainly are going to help Caleb with this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Hey Bryan, can you confirm Bats on a horse is coming?
Yes, 100%! Because we only acquired worldwide license AFTER Batman samurai was sold out, we figured it would be unfair to the worldwide customers to collect this line if they miss out on Batman. Collecting Bat Girl, Ivy, Bane etc just won't be complete if there's no Batman right!? Since we do not do variants, we decided to come up with a new Batman piece so now worldwide customers have a chance to collect the full range. He will be epic, full battle geared Shogun on armored black steed. 100% designed from scratch down to the buttons, Art fused with Pop Culture! Am stoked for this piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepurist View Post
Hey Bryan! Congrats for all the terrific pieces being showed at STGCC! I love Storm but one thing that prevents me from getting her is how tall she is due to her base since she won't fit my display.

Are you guys considering making a lower spot (similar to Black Bolt) to decrease her overall height? That's the only thing preventing me from getting this amazing piece.
This might be hard since the base is the main structure holding her up and the whirlwind isn't that stable to support the statue's weight.

Quote:
Brian the Hulkbuster is amazing I ordered one I also ordered Iron Man Classic is there any way you could post him with Hulkbuster for few pictures?
Arrgh! Saw this too late! Would have been easy to do this when we had both pieces up during the Con but it's all packed now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issun View Post
Brian! Some concerns about She Thor I saw today from STGCC, hoping that they might get addressed. First off the base is spot on except for that blue color ya'll got going on. I know they're supposed to be Ice Giants, but man, it just clashes so hard with everything else. Maybe a darker blue or something similar to Beta Ray Bill could do. I've also noticed more recently than before that her head is twisted at a complete 180, pretty much her chin is in line with her shoulder. Looks really off the more I look at it. Maybe have it to where she doesn't look like her neck could break at any moment. Lastly, her eyes also look like they might be to far apart, can't really tell if that's just the angle from which the pictures are taken but that's also another thing that I've noticed. I love the design but you probably want to bring the eyes in just a tad. Everything else about her is just spot on! Can't wait to see her in person!! Thanks!
Hey you're not the only one. I personally find the pose off and will be highlighting to the Team post Con review session we usually have.

Quote:
Fantastic pieces this year at the show Brian congrats to everyone. I would like to know if on the Hulkbuster extra pieces are coming with it so I can display it NON battle damaged. Earlier in threads it was mentioned that we had these options:

Battle damaged displayed with Extremis outside
Battle damaged displayed with Extremis inside

Non Damaged displayed with Extremis outside
Non Damaged displayed with Extremis inside

I'd really like if I could get NON Damaged parts for cleaner new look.
Only Ironman himself is clean armor (because he is protected within the Hulkbuster suit) and provides a nice contrasts against a battle damaged HulkBuster. There is no clean version of HulkBuster as the piece is too huge for us to replicate another body just to provide a clean option. The battle damage effects have been done merticulously on the entire HulkBuster so just switch out a clean part partially doesn't do it. And I'm pretty sure no one wants to pay for another body - the box would be even bigger OMG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Hi Bryan,

Is the upcoming Alien statue also sculpted by Narin?
Yes. Narin is amazing and we've pretty much left him to do his thang with minimal inputs. He knows Predator and Aliens better than us! Cant' wait to share the Alien concept, I love it. I know some collectors are disappointed our piece isnt' movie accurate so I've posted an explanation on our FB. Am pasting it here for ease of reference for those who aren't on Facebook.

=======================================
We've received many questions regarding our Predator/Alien line. While heavily inspired by the movies, XM is not making movie accurate replicas/products tagged to any specific movie. Instead we are referencing the comics, novels and expanded worlds of Predators/Aliens, many possibilities of characters who may not even have appeared on film (Now if we took specific movie licenses then we can't explore these amazing possibilities).
There are many excellent movie accurate products on the market so we'd like to bring to collectors more variety, unique, original, artistic versions. Of course, we will still reference heavily from the movies. (incredible source materials!) The current Predator shown at STGCC is inspired largely by the Jungle Predator with long time Predator/Alien sculptor and maestro Narin infusing his personal style with new details, adding a dash of human touch. It's similar to the concept of only one Batman but there are many artistic styles from Jim Lee, Neal Adams, David Finch to Frank Miller etc. This line is simply the XM-Narin style line! We sincerely hope you will like it.
And for those who noticed the Dreadlocks seemed different from the Thailand Comic Con, that's because this painted version is freshly made and we've yet to perfect the positioning of certain pieces (we were distracted by the cute cosplayers around us). The base is also not final and we are soaking in all the feedback to make this piece better. We welcome more feedback and inputs! Its how we roll!
=====================================
Old 09-13-2017, 08:06 AM   #2579
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Bryan -- thanks once again for being a Q&A guru

And thanks for getting more pics of Storm. Charles and Kris never fail us.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #2580
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Have things improved? I've spoken to them and they have shown me they are quite proactive. Let me know otherwise!

At the moment it's the GFX guys at http://gfxdistribution.com/ they can carry our worldwide license.

Yes, 100%! Because we only acquired worldwide license AFTER Batman samurai was sold out, we figured it would be unfair to the worldwide customers to collect this line if they miss out on Batman. Collecting Bat Girl, Ivy, Bane etc just won't be complete if there's no Batman right!? Since we do not do variants, we decided to come up with a new Batman piece so now worldwide customers have a chance to collect the full range. He will be epic, full battle geared Shogun on armored black steed. 100% designed from scratch down to the buttons, Art fused with Pop Culture! Am stoked for this piece.
No I don't think any of us have heard back from them, I haven't anyway. I just sent them another email that I screen shotted and Ill PM you that.

Awesome news on the Batman front, horses have proved to be quite costly as of late, hopefully it doesn't price most out.

Thanks!
Closed Thread