Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #51
TheStig88
The X-Men

Can't say I'm keen on the changes to the face at all. Bit of a mix-up from Blizzard when I tried to update my address which resulted in a cancelled order for me which, after seeing this, is OK with me. Shame.
TheStig88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #52
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I prefer the shown prototype. Companies need to alert customers of changes like this.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #53
Zabel
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
Can't say I'm keen on the changes to the face at all. Bit of a mix-up from Blizzard when I tried to update my address which resulted in a cancelled order for me which, after seeing this, is OK with me. Shame.
Hmm, I had to update my billing information and as a result my order was cancelled as well. The customer support was horrible when trying to figure out what the problem was. They wanted me to cancel then reorder it.
I decided to just cancel it, glad I did because that looks awful.
If this change from SS to Blizzard is the future for all their statues, I'm out.
Zabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #54
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabel View Post
Hmm, I had to update my billing information and as a result my order was cancelled as well. The customer support was horrible when trying to figure out what the problem was. They wanted me to cancel then reorder it.
I decided to just cancel it, glad I did because that looks awful.
If this change from SS to Blizzard is the future for all their statues, I'm out.
Oh their customer service is terrible. I got in contact to change it and was told "sure, we can change the address. Check in 24 hours." Checked, found a cancelled order. Got in contact again, "Sorry, it seems there was a miscommunication on what we can and cannot change with pre-orders." Ooookay. And then I got an email from a rep telling me someone just hit the wrong button. Awful.

Like I said, not a big deal considering the changes, but I can't say I'm in a rush to order from them again.
TheStig88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:22 PM   #55
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I always find bad customer service fairly shocking. Especially from big companies and the ease at which they should be able to conduct business in today's world.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:28 AM   #56
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

That face looks terrible! The promo had a really nice balance of realism vs cartoon, the production piece just looks poor in comparison.

Unfortunately, here we can see another company employing the age old "bait and switch" approach. When will they learn.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:21 AM   #57
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Let's hope it looks better in person... ;_;
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:12 PM   #58
tiradical
Frackin!

Anime eyes will be anime eyes.

Received mine today. Unless you're really opposed to Looney Tunes eyes, the face isn't too bad if not compared side by side to the original display piece. After comparing images, I think the in-game Tracer lies somewhere in between the realistic prototype and what we got. And unfortunately, I think I'd have preferred the more realistic face as well.

Overall, I am happy with the statue, though I wish Blizzard had pulled out all the stops since I believe this was the first statue released from their official store. I do like the dynamic pose and how the jet stream from her accelerator was included into the statue, though the light up feature is a bit disappointing. I understand that if Blizzard releases more from the game, the light up logo could be kept consistent, but I wish the blue jet stream was what lit up instead.

Paint job was a hit or miss. The gun, eh... And the ears on my Tracer look like they're bleeding . I'm just nitpicking, since you'd only notice them up close, but I still don't know how that would happen. More images in the album below.

http://imgur.com/a/Gy7zJ

tiradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #59
apellica
The Herculoids

The price is not that bad for what you get. You can see my review here:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...ch-tracer.html
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #60
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Looks fine on your review to be honest. The game isn't out yet so the face may have been change din game and the statue changed to reflect that.

For $150 i think it's a good buy.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote