Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Which of these Hulk Transformations Sculpts do you like the most? And Why?
Entry 1 7 4.86%
Entry 2 69 47.92%
Entry 3 9 6.25%
Entry 4 59 40.97%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2016, 09:55 PM   #91
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I love 1. Because there I can clearly see the transformation in his leg, torso and face and even his fingers, plus, he goes thru excruciating pain while transforming. I found this piece unique and different from all the others IMO.

I do like the concept of Banner being a part of it but, to me it just looks like 2 or 3 bodies on one platform...I don't see a transformation there. If I knew nothing about the Hulk, I would think its just two or three bodies on a platform...At least number 2 shows Banners alter Ego or perhaps scared out of his wits because there is a hugh big green guy behind him.LOL...But I will go with 1 for me
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #92
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Because the contest is suppose to be about the Transformation of Hulk, not which Hulk looks the coolest...

#2 might be a better rendering of Hulk but IMO doesn't tell the story of Banner turning into Hulk, just looks like a scared guy with Hulk behind him...
Transformation of the Hulk doesn't have to be literal. This is one of the great things about us humans using our imagination and filling in the gaps. We all know what Hulk looks like during Transformation, but oftentimes, we overlook the MENTAL toll it takes on Bruce, and that, IMO, is just as much a transformation of Bruce to Hulk as anything else.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:16 AM   #93
built2shred
Phoenix

Well in that case all we need is a few stick figures and we can use our imagination
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #94
bryanee
Fantastic Four

One for me. Looks insane. Great work to all though.
bryanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #95
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

I voted # 2 because I like the Hulk and Banner the best on that one...BUT, as others suggested, I think an intermediate transformation step should be added.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:22 AM   #96
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

The problem i have with concept 2 is that the bruce head expression isnt angry.. totally wrong expression even though its sculpted very well, looks a tad cartoony for me, reminds me abit of a ghostbuster or something, but he isnt angry. He's scared... generally i think Hulk doesnt transform over being scared.
. Maybe he does later on or there is a reinterpretation of it now in all the variants comics out there now, i dont know, but i want my bruce transforming cause he is angry and mean, OG hulk styles.

Dont make bruce/hulk "angry"

concept 4 all day
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:47 AM   #97
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
This was my job, I did not go to the 4 finalists but wish them luck and may the best win
Now that's a great concept of transformation!

But I still like 1
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:36 AM   #98
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

The awesome STGCC dropped this thread to page 4, bump.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:31 PM   #99
Memz
Doh!

This is a totally award question to post here but it's the only hulk blog page for xm atm.... love all the ideas and concepts behind hulk transformation but I was wondering if and when...will you guys ever make a Family Hulk diorama with King hulk, Skaar and Caiera or even Caiera on her own would be awesome. . Thanks for reading.
Memz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:45 AM   #100
ScorpionX
Doh!

Entry 4 because it is very well executed and it is indeed the only transformation concept in the strict understanding of "transformation". It is well done but there is place for improvement by posing Hulk in a more aggressive position (especially the face... a screaming/savage attitude would be ideal).
ScorpionX is offline   Reply With Quote