Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-02-2017, 10:49 PM   #51
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegameman2011 View Post
While tempting, payment plans are how I am able to service this hobby. For me, no statue is worth going into debt for because ifI do it once, it will be easier for me to charge again then next time around. If they don't have payment plans then its just not for me.

I will say that I really like this statue. I am very interested in reading what collectors think once the first 20 ship. If things work out I may email Spencer to see if a payment plan is an option.
If secret compass is carrying this send an email to them, Shane may let you pay it off over a few months.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #52
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Congrats, Amazing collection !
Thanks Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
Great collection! I think some of the past bases are a bit large myself. With the cost of resin as well as shipping and the limited shelf space left for many collectors smaller bases seem to be a better choice. At least for APs done in house.
That's an interesting idea. If you do make a bigger base for the production run 1. Be prepared for a lot of this from people who ordered the AP and think they got jobbed and 2. Make sure that you make it so the AP Zues could be inserted into it and offer to sell just the base for those who want it.

I agree on the bases on the old ones. It is really cool to have the bird/animals associated with each god but I think that could have been done without an extra dead guy on the ground or an overturned chariot. But to be fair, back then you could get 1/4 Athena and the overturned chariot and owl for like $350 so it was cool to have all the extra detail.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:42 AM   #53
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

I really wanted to buy this statue, but I have to pass. I can not put the god of gods next to Ares and Poseidon in my collection, they blow this Zeus statue away. You can't go from having great bases and action poses with other gods to a basic base with the classic one leg up pose for Zeus, makes no sense. Zeus needs to be the one to WOW people and then other gods can have basic bases like the Hercules statue.

So the base and boring pose is going to be enough for me to pass. The statue would look good if the rest of the greek gods were made the same way, guess we were just spoiled with the other gods. Hopefully Hades is not a bust.

P.S. Having the hands in a partial fist the same way as Poseidon, Hercules and Minotaurus is just making them look like they have arthritis.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:52 AM   #54
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
I really wanted to buy this statue, but I have to pass. I can not put the god of gods next to Ares and Poseidon in my collection, they blow this Zeus statue away. You can't go from having great bases and action poses with other gods to a basic base with the classic one leg up pose for Zeus, makes no sense. Zeus needs to be the one to WOW people and then other gods can have basic bases like the Hercules statue.

So the base and boring pose is going to be enough for me to pass. The statue would look good if the rest of the greek gods were made the same way, guess we were just spoiled with the other gods. Hopefully Hades is not a bust.
It is all good. Not every statue will appeal to everyone but I am excited to see what people think of Zeus when they see him in person. We sold out of the first run of statues already and pictures do not do it justice. The new chrome paint on the armor and lightning bolt are really poppin and he is taller than Poseidon.
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:09 AM   #55
Arkalogik
The Spirit

I tried to take a closeup with my phone today of the chrome but it still does not fully pick up on camera. It is like liquid mercury!
Old 07-08-2017, 01:37 AM   #56
dao2
Cyclops

it looked pretty nice on the valkyries, glad they got it
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:14 AM   #57
SAB380
The X-Men

Happy to see this going well.
Does this mean that once the tiger remakes are done, ARH will be fully caught up ?
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:11 PM   #58
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Happy to see this going well.
Does this mean that once the tiger remakes are done, ARH will be fully caught up ?
Yes from what I know that is all that is left. The molds are done for the tigers and we have poured up a few and they look perfect!
Old 07-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #59
4renzy
Fantastic Four

I was really hoping that Zeus was sitting in his throne along with an eagle.

I do like this Zeus but I really thought a throne base would of blown away all of the other bases used for the past gods.
4renzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:36 PM   #60
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Xion has a Zeus on throne if you want.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote