Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

shows this season. your thoughts

new series show
the only one i have watched since the first show is big bang theory. sometimes its really funny and then other times i am in tears laughing. bionic women is very slow and i just dont care about any of the characters. i will give it more time but not much.

old show
i still watch heroes and 2 and a half men. i am thinking of skipping heroes and waiting for the season dvd to come out. thats what i did with stargate and stargate atlantis.

i still have not found anyone who has watched cavemen. i am surprised it has not been cancelled yet
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
new series show
the only one i have watched since the first show is big bang theory. sometimes its really funny and then other times i am in tears laughing. bionic women is very slow and i just dont care about any of the characters. i will give it more time but not much.

old show
i still watch heroes and 2 and a half men. i am thinking of skipping heroes and waiting for the season dvd to come out. thats what i did with stargate and stargate atlantis.

i still have not found anyone who has watched cavemen. i am surprised it has not been cancelled yet
Favorite New Shows:
--Big Bang Theory is my surprise of the season so far. I didn't expect much from it, but I think it's hilarious. I'm not nearly as enamoured with the hot-girl angle than the humor found in the group of geek-friends, but all in all, a really nice surprise.
--Chuck got a lot of NBC promotion, but still surprised me with how quirky and charming it is. I'm looking forward to seeing it more each week. The actors are great, and the lead is well-cast. Sharp writing, good action.
--Reaper is a CW show that I wasn't even planning on watching, but I caught the first ep because I heard the pilot was directed by Kevin Smith, and it's pretty fun. Nothing heavy, but light, weird fun. And Ray Wise as the devil completely steals the show.
--Pushing Daisies is great so far, but I do wonder how they'll be able to work the quirk for a long period of time. Will viewers get tired of it? I'm afraid I might, after a while.

Least Favorite New Shows:
--Cavemen--I've watched both eps so far, and it's just bad. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but bad enough that it won't stick around too long.
--Bionic Woman is just a massive disappointment. I heard some people thought the second ep was better, but I didn't think so. Isaiah Washington's presence certainly didn't help matters, either. They may string this out for a full season to make money on the DVD, but unless it gets a lot better, I don't expect anything beyond that.
--Kid Nation is just wrong. Just wrong. So far, the highlights each week are "what kid will cry because they're homesick?" And then there's huge peer pressure not to let them go. It's just sad, and stupid.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

we have added Cane and Chuck to the rotation ... Bionic Woman is close to dropping even though we have watched each episode so far

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
Weapon X
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Favorite New Shows:
Chuck
Pushing Daisies

Favorite returning shows:
Dexter
Heroes
Prison Break

Disappointments this year:
Bionic Woman
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Favorite New Shows:

1) Big Bang Theory

Least Favorite New Shows:

1) Bionic Woman
2) Caveman

Favorite Returning Shows:

1) Heroes
2) Lost
3) Dexter
4) How I Met Your Mother
5) Office
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
patrickwm68
The Flash

The 6 new shows I decided to watch this fall.

Reaper (Excellent)

Journeyman (Excellent)

Chuck (Excellent)

Bionic Woman (Excellent)

Moonlight (Boring)

I still have to watch Pushing Daisies.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Still watching Heroes, Smallville, CSI, Supernatural, Criminal Minds, House, Bones. Picked up Bionic Woman (second episode improved over the first so I'll stick with it a while), Journeyman (well, it's Kevin McKidd), and Pushing Daisies, which is awesome.

Plus I have Dexter Season 1, Rome Season two and Masters of Horror Season one on DVD.

I thinnk something's gonna have to give though because that's far too much TV. I expect I'll drop Bionic, Journeyman and maybe Supernatural. Pushing Daisies will drop itself by virtue of being good, original and therefore largely unwatched by the masses.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #8
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

returning:
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER! great show.
heroes
lost (whens this come back on)

new:
moonlight um ok so far
gossip girl lmao (cant believe i wrote this on here.)

saw some cavemen yest. eh not funny at all.
bionic woman blah
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
Gangleri
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Pushing Daisies - Great!! Cross between Moonlighting and Dead Like Me with a twist of Dr. Seuss (voice over and visual style is similar).

Cane - Interesting show Great cast - CBS has a SOLID three hour block with this show and NCIS and The Unit on that night. (with Bones on Fox, Reaper on CW and Eureka (SciFi) during the summer...Tuesday is a Favorite nite.

Journeyman - reminds me of Tru Calling. Interesting way to have a wife and a girlfriend. Heroes is still lots of fun...but I'm not sure I want to sit through another year of breaking out of prison (Prison Break - Fox).

Already dropped Moonlight CBS (similar/better Blood Ties on Lifetime is/will be back) for upcoming Women's Murder Club ABC but still watching LasVegas - Numb3rs - Ghost Whisperer - Men In Trees (and all kinds of stuff on SciFi) . Thank God for Recorders.

Enjoyed the lead of the Bionic Woman on BBC (America's) Jekyll - will give it a chance.

Same can be said for Private Practice - Enjoy Grey's more, but I'll give it some time....

Want to see Samantha Who?? ABC staring C. Applegate ...Pilot is on Monday 10/15.

Wow.... I think I'll go read a book.
Gangleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:38 PM   #10
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Fav. New Shows
Bionic Woman
The Big Bang Theory
Reaper

Fav. Returning Shows
Dexter
Heroes
Smallville
30 Rock

Worst shows ever
Pushing Daises ( i cannot stand that narrator it makes the show sound like a Dr. Sues Book)
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote