Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
Vracula
Jedi Order

KULL OF ATLANTIS-CS MOORE STUDIOS

After i got infected with the statue Madness I found myself getting introduced to new characters and some fantastic sculpts,The sculptor that first amazed me was Clay moore,I Honestly feel that he is a modern day Michaelangelo of the collectible world,his sculpts have this aesthetic quality that I have'nt seen with any other sculptor.The detailed anatomy, the captured grace and the Sculpted Fluidity are his signatures that is meticulously added in each and every sculpt of his.

The statue that I chose to review Today is KULL of Atlantis and have waited a Year for the release,it's easily a Modern Day masterpiece,I have tried to capture its splendor with my crappy cam but have failed miserably

Sculpt-10/10
Whatever Clay was aiming for he hit it on the spot ,if you have read his blog about the statue you will find out that each and every aspect of the statue has some reason and an imaginative story behind it ,he has literally sculpted a 3 D Novel with each piece of clothing and accessory and weapon telling a different story ,there are so many things that this statue tells you even though its just standing still.

When it comes to Anatomy ,Clay is second to none,the vascularity ,the tense muscles and the proportions are phenomenal and in my opinion have set a benchmark for sculpts in the Collectible market

*Note the Forearm and the hand sculpt below,thats the level of detail I have rarely seen before on a collectible statue and only a handful of sculptors can achieve that quality of work.

Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
Vracula
Jedi Order

Paints 9/10

Probably the best factory paint job i have ever seen,considering how intricate this sculpture is and the highlights needed,CSmoore studios supposedly went through 2 factories before they could be satisfied with the product,the only reason i gave this a 9 out of 10 was because the prototype was painted by Paul moore ,although they tried to match the paints as close as possible they didn't quite make it.fantastic none the less.The chose a perfect skin tone for a sun baked warrior along with the Highlights and the detail given to the jewels on his weapons and the clothing.I was quite anxious about the factory paint job since i did not like the paint job on the Frazetta Conan and was hoping they wouldn't bring that unattractive green shading across to this sculpt and they didnt!!!.
The statue really needs to be seen in person to fully assimilate all these fine features

If you are a sculpt enthusiast like me,where knowledge of a character sometimes takes a back seat i would suggest snagging one of these,there are only 500 available and they come with a COA with a sketch of Kull by Mark Schultz on it.Also I really appreciate that Clay has actually signed the COA unlike other companies that either dont have one or just have a Stamp.My Statue is signed as well as you can see,but you can get it signed only if you order it directly from them. 250$ for a statue of this caliber is low and this will definitely command a high price once its sold out.so if you have thought of buying this but are not sure due to whatever reason,i suggest you change your mind and buy one now.

Courtesy of THANOS RULES

size comparison courtesy of Statuemonger
Old 07-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
Vracula
Jedi Order

I just wish someone like pixar had bought this so he could really show this piece in all its glory.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Great review! Mine arrives on Friday and I can't wait!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Stellar review Vrac !

Awesome Statue indeed
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Great review! Mine arrives on Friday and I can't wait!!!
I guarantee you when you see the box itself you'll be blown away!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
Stellar review Vrac !

Awesome Statue indeed
thanks Lou.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
Vracula
Jedi Order

when my girlfriend first saw it ,she said that his face looks so real that you would think hes alive.Silly person!!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:25 AM   #8
Weedo10
Hellboy

Great review
Weedo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:41 AM   #9
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
when my girlfriend first saw it ,she said that his face looks so real that you would think hes alive.Silly person!!
I agree with her!

Great review!

I have had the same thoughts of Michaelangelo and CS Moore.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #10
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

he looks a bit girlish
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote