Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Berserk's Armor Helmet 1:1 Scale

Just got this in today. First off, to JP....this is such an incredible job, I can't even begin to explain to you how awesome it is to have this.....well done. You're a talented and gifted man....DK over at sk.net couldn't have chosen anyone better to do this.

Anywho, this is based on Kentaro Miura's Berserk manga. This is the main character Guts' armor at the most current part of the story (to save any spoilers and keep it simple). The armor is old and rustic....JP got the texture down PERFECTLY and the paint to match it.

The base has the brand of sacrifice on it, which is a mark that Guts carries on his neck, but looks awesome as part of the base and is a nice touch for a Berserk sculpt. There's a light in there which slowly pulsates and looks great. This is able to be put on 8 different settings, I believe, but it looks perfect as-is so I'm leaving it alone.

The eyes of the helmet also light up and look equally awesome. Here are some pictures:

bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
bruhaha69

A few with some flash:

and in case anyone wants to see the brand pulsating or just see around the helmet, here's a short video from my crappy cam (about 27 megs):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E7Q1FUJE

One little thing I noticed was that the front ridge/forehead section over the eyes has an edge slightly (very, very slightly) higher on the helmet's right side. This doesn't take anything away from the pure greatness of the entire helmet at all, but I figured I'd point it out since I only noticed it in person. I figure no armor would ever be completely perfect anyway, so it even adds a little charm to the old, worn look of it.

Once again, thank you JP for an awesome piece of art. This one is definitely going to be a centerpiece of my Berserk statue collection.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
chezzrok
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Wow, that is HOT, I know DK way cool guy and excellent eye for talent! Congratulations money well spent!
chezzrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
bruhaha69

Yeah, he picked the right man for the job, that's for sure. Re-uploaded the vid with some Berserk music.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
JtotheP
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hey Mike--I am so very happy you like it. You are only the second person to see it in front of you, so far, and it's a relief to know you approve the look especially since you've been following my updates closely. Thanks again and I'll let you know about my next venture.

I also want to thank you for taking the time to make this thread and showing off your new toy to everyone here as fellow serious collectors.
JtotheP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Congratulations. And thanks for sharing. I want to buy one, but I need to find a job first (just finished college).
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Look's cool. What's it from?
Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
Sweden
Kindly Asked To Leave

awesome. great collectible for a great manga.
Sweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #9
bruhaha69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frinky View Post
Look's cool. What's it from?
Hey Frinky, it's from a Japanese manga (and later part of the story was put into an anime......somewhat modified) called Berserk. If you're into comics or manga, I definitely recommend it. Dark Horse has been releasing the english translated manga for some time now and have finally almost caught uo the the Japanese releases. The anime is also good and is available fairly cheap as a box set.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
Chaos Zero
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Just be warned that Berserk goes over the top. It still manages to have a great storyline as well though.

Great helmet! I'm very jealous.
Chaos Zero is offline   Reply With Quote