Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-07-2009, 07:08 AM   #391
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

AFX has this up for 20% off, at $160, so if you don't want an artist proof version from HH themselves, pre-ordering from AFX or one of the other big online stores, who will more than likely have similar deals, may be the way to go.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #392
Merkaba998
Doh!

I figure this is as good a time as any to stop in and introduce myself, my name is Paul Bennett and I’ve been working freelance with Hard Hero for two years.

I sculpted the prototypes for Rob’s Warclan Dwarves as well as the weapons and some accessories for the recent Conan line. I’m also responsible for sculpting their first Thundercat 1:7 scale statue: Lion-O that just went up for pre-order on www.hardhero.com and I’m currently working on the second Thundercat (sorry, guys. I did exactly what i wasn't supposed to do. I thought for some reason it had already been announced. Shame upon my house. We still haven't heard back from WB whether or not "the next Thundercat" has been approved).

I wish I could say more but it’s not my place to do so. This is Hard Hero’s deal and I’m just along for the ride. So in the coming months please realize that silence from me is out of respect for the producer and his right to have first say and to determine what feedback is necessary.

It also works to my advantage to keep the ole nose to the grindstone. I’m not much good to Rob or to you all if the Castilene isn’t flying. I just wanted to officially say hello to everyone.

-Paul
http://www.pbsculpt.com
Merkaba998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #393
MrYac
Hercules

Hi Paul, look forward to seeing more work from ya as soon as Rob says it's ok to share
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #394
Brad
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Mr Bennett,

I found your blogspot right after Rob posted the Lion-O crediting you as sculptor. Very inspiring work! I haven't pushed clay in over a year but seeing your stuff is giving me the itch. Keep up the good work and sure would like to see you get to work on the HH Tarzan when it happens!
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #395
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba998 View Post
I figure this is as good a time as any to stop in and introduce myself, my name is Paul Bennett and I’ve been working freelance with Hard Hero for two years.

I sculpted the prototypes for Rob’s Warclan Dwarves as well as the weapons and some accessories for the recent Conan line. I’m also responsible for sculpting their first Thundercat 1:7 scale statue: Lion-O that just went up for pre-order on www.hardhero.com and I’m currently working on the second Thundercat Cheetara.

I wish I could say more but it’s not my place to do so. This is Hard Hero’s deal and I’m just along for the ride. So in the coming months please realize that silence from me is out of respect for the producer and his right to have first say and to determine what feedback is necessary.

It also works to my advantage to keep the ole nose to the grindstone. We don’t have a lot of time with this license and I’m not much good to Rob or to you all if the Castilene isn’t flying. I just wanted to officially say hello to everyone.

-Paul
Very nice to meet you and keep up the great work, Well at least we know Cheetara is next!!!
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #396
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba998 View Post

I sculpted the prototypes for Rob’s Warclan Dwarves as well as the weapons and some accessories for the recent Conan line. I’m also responsible for sculpting their first Thundercat 1:7 scale statue: Lion-O that just went up for pre-order on www.hardhero.com and I’m currently working on the second Thundercat Cheetara.

It also works to my advantage to keep the ole nose to the grindstone. We don’t have a lot of time with this license and I’m not much good to Rob or to you all if the Castilene isn’t flying. I just wanted to officially say hello to everyone.

-Paul
Welcome to the boards, Paul!
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #397
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

1-lion-o
2- cheetara
3- tygra
4- panthro
5- kat
6- kit
7-jaga & snarf
8- mum-ra
9- slithe
10-monkian
11-jackalman
12- vultureman

not an official list just noticed that he said not a lot of time on this. well lets hope they at least have a year for the main characters from the first episode.

welcome to the boards my statue hero man
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #398
MrYac
Hercules

i'd say Kit and Kat will be sculpted together, a larger base with both of them on it, doesn't make sense to release 2 such small characters separately
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #399
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I lightened up the tones some, looks a bit closer to the toon;

Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:23 AM   #400
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
I lightened up the tones some, looks a bit closer to the toon;

Looks ok but it's fine the way it is now.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote