Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-18-2024, 01:09 AM   #511
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
great ....
Hey, he already gave his victory speech, and by Forps' standards, it was fairly brief
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 02:46 PM   #512
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Claiming to understand how Sideshow determines an edition size without actually working for the company is kinda funny.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 03:10 PM   #513
Forps is back
The Avengers

Now that we are all on the same page regarding Forps' intelligence and his 237 IQ (lol), please Sideshow assign at LEAST 20 additional projects to Raphael Phillips. The guy is GOATing.

"Are you sure, pal? How do you know this, Forps? You've only seen 3 Phillips' sculpts being offered by Sideshow, dude. Are you crazy?"

Well, this is why Forps is Forps and average Joes and casuals having ZERO ability to "smell" talent are casuals. I also checked his artstation. Nevertheless, Forps already knew what eg Godbottle knew the moment Godbottle saw a Phillips' sculpt.

That Phillips is surely going into Sideshow's GOAT debate. Godbottle, GodBergholtz, GodCanale, GodPeterson, GodPanfilova and GodPhillips.

Our new beloved sculptor, Phillips, created the BEST Wolverine sculpt EVER. By far, the most unique and art(s)y sculpt.

I bet that his Batman bust/statue (the 1/2 scale one) was the piece that eg Sideshow's management saw and said "Let's bring this guy in to sculpt 20 new pieces".
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 03:21 PM   #514
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Forps, have you POd at least two of these?
Old 05-18-2024, 03:36 PM   #515
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Forps, have you POd at least two of these?
IcedDog, my friend, no, at least for now.

For pieces where my instinct screams "Future grail", i PO one and then wait for production pics with the exception being the 1/6 Guts/Griffith Prime1 pieces where i POed them all together (3 each/6 in total) cause i knew that they were selling out even before Prime1 would deliver them. So for majority of "future grails" and as soon as i'm satisfied by QC (provided that Sideshow delivers ~80% close to proto quality), i order the 2nd one. I'm also constraint by space, although i'm currently moving nearly 2/3 of my collection elsewhere.

For such EPIC pieces (the likes of Penguin PFF, Wolverine Berserker, Iron Spider, Dazzler) owning 1 is not enough. I want one to stay in its box. Its Forps'duty to preserve art at all costs.

I have OG Hulk gr and Hulk vs Spiderman gr dio and i am keeping them in their boxes. Imagine such masterpieces to accidentally get broken/smashed. Forps wants to preserve art at ALL COSTS.

"Art, Forps? These are comic-based characters, Forps. These are glorified toys for grown-up men"

Well for me, i consider them as a form of art (a bit of childish one, though, lol)
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 04:30 PM   #516
Kurtz
Fantastic Four

A brown variant would be cool, potentially on a different base (light up not needed). I don't really see it happening, especially at this Ed. size but it's a great sculpt either way.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 06:21 PM   #517
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Its Forps'duty to preserve art at all costs.
Indeed, you have to build a nuclear bomb-proof bunker and store your duplicates there. The art must survive to be uncovered when future clans of humans begin to rebuild society. The discovery of the amazing treasure trove of grails could alter human history from that point forward
Old 05-20-2024, 10:23 AM   #518
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

The berserker statue (especially the pose) greatly resembles this release from Bottleneck Gallery going up today

Old 05-20-2024, 11:15 AM   #519
BurningRage
The Maxx

Homage to Venom cover
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote