Sailor Moon

Keep us updated please.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 09:26 PM   #512
superdude
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Yes, they will be making a 1:3 statue (with real fabric costume) but it will be a sculpted hair / painted resin head like the Sideshow 1:4 (except it will be far superior to that likeness of course). I'm working with them to refine and tweak some areas that are not correct (or have been lost during the lifecasting process), so stay tuned for updates. It will be a while off yet though.
Currently, they have only done a hands on hips pose but I have asked them to also do a more relaxed pose like Reeve used to do (as Reeve was very vocal about not wanting to strike the superhero poses when he was making the movies).
Ah that's great to hear, as the previous pose seemed a bit dull and uninspired.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 03:17 PM   #513
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Yes, they will be making a 1:3 statue (with real fabric costume) but it will be a sculpted hair / painted resin head like the Sideshow 1:4 (except it will be far superior to that likeness of course). I'm working with them to refine and tweak some areas that are not correct (or have been lost during the lifecasting process), so stay tuned for updates. It will be a while off yet though.
Currently, they have only done a hands on hips pose but I have asked them to also do a more relaxed pose like Reeve used to do (as Reeve was very vocal about not wanting to strike the superhero poses when he was making the movies).
I am intrigued. What role do you play in all this? Are you a 3D artist yourself? Are you in charge of this project?

To be honest, I would much prefer sculpted hair and resin head for it usually means lower and affordable price point.

I am all for fabric costume if the cut and fit are good. I am quite impressed by the life-sized costume by NDP. Can't wait to see the prototype.

Any chance to see a 1:4 scale as well? This is the size I would prefer in general. I really hope your Reeve Superman will work out fine and within my budget.

As for a natural pose, I think this would be perfect. Yes, it is basically the same as that on SSC Reeve Superman.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reeve superman.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	170881  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 06:23 AM   #514
cking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have known the owner of NDP for many years and he values my eye for detail so is asking for my input on where the sculpt needs to be adjusted to improve it, so I am gladly providing my suggestions. That is the pose I have recommended to him as an alternate option. Because everything is 3D printed (head and body), I don't see any reason why he couldn't produce a 1:4 version, but he's already focused on too many things at the same time currently (1:1 head and mannequin, 1:1 ultra accurate costume including custom made, correct type of weave fabric, 1:3 head, statue and fabric costume) so I would imagine a 1:4 would be a while away yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I am intrigued. What role do you play in all this? Are you a 3D artist yourself? Are you in charge of this project?

To be honest, I would much prefer sculpted hair and resin head for it usually means lower and affordable price point.

I am all for fabric costume if the cut and fit are good. I am quite impressed by the life-sized costume by NDP. Can't wait to see the prototype.

Any chance to see a 1:4 scale as well? This is the size I would prefer in general. I really hope your Reeve Superman will work out fine and within my budget.

As for a natural pose, I think this would be perfect. Yes, it is basically the same as that on SSC Reeve Superman.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 02:51 PM   #515
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I have known the owner of NDP for many years and he values my eye for detail so is asking for my input on where the sculpt needs to be adjusted to improve it, so I am gladly providing my suggestions. That is the pose I have recommended to him as an alternate option. Because everything is 3D printed (head and body), I don't see any reason why he couldn't produce a 1:4 version, but he's already focused on too many things at the same time currently (1:1 head and mannequin, 1:1 ultra accurate costume including custom made, correct type of weave fabric, 1:3 head, statue and fabric costume) so I would imagine a 1:4 would be a while away yet.
I see. You have done a great job advising them on adjustments. The headsculpt turns out great.

I don't mind the wait now that I know where to get that perfect CR Superman statue.

Start a new thread for this statue when it is ready for reveal and PO. I anticipate it with great expectation.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote