Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-18-2014, 01:08 AM   #1
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

My Small NYCC Collection

Something of a mish mash of smaller pieces and a few more expensive pieces we come to my con count of 7 pieces.

Unlike other years I didn't particularly plan for this NYCC and didn't plan any pre-show pieces so I'm lower than my usual number of 10 pieces that I try to get.

So in only a bit of an order we come to the start of my list and a bit on my choice.

1) Mighty Endowed by Ron Murphy

Someone I've followed on deviantart for a while he actually recently drew a piece with Mighty Endowed and I'm a fan of her. We never actually see her chest in the comics so this was just Ron's take on what she might look like.

2) Sugilite vs Female Titan by Bill McKay

I'm a huge fan of Steven Universe so I had the series on my mind during the show and I've also loved what I've seen of Attack On Titan so far so having two roughly the same size monstrous ladies duking it out seemed like a fun idea. Bill's had work drawing monsters as well as sexy characters so he seemed like I good fit for the two in battle. I think it came out well.

3) Steven and the Stevens by George Caltsoudas
4) Tomorrow Woman by George Caltsoudas

These two by Mr. Caltsoudas were freebies done at the end of Sunday as I met and hung out with Mr. Caltsoudas for the end of the show. We chatted for quite a while about Steven Universe and other topics as he's one of the cover artists of the shows comic. In particular I enjoyed the time chatting with him as he's a comic creator who's Greek being Greek myself.

5) Lionheart and Alpha Centurion by Matthew Petz and Bobby Timony

Continuing my Bloodlines sketchbook the English New Blood Lionheart teams up with Smalltime Metropolis former Ancient Roman Alpha Centurion in a sort of international heroes team up. While Mr. Petz and Timony are friends it seems I was the first to ever have the two do a collab piece. I thought their styles mashed well together and it looks like I was right.

6) Razorsharp and Scandal Savage by Valerio Schiti

Having loved Mr. Schiti's work in Mighty Avengers I really hoped to be able to get something from him. Originally I though I might try to get a piece of one of my Might Avengers blanks but instead decided to have him continue my New Bloods book.

Razorsharp was my next character to tackle and I wasn't sure who to have her team up with. After some thought I realzied I haven't had the Secret Six show up in my book yet so Scandal became the obvious choice. They're both blade wielder's, though Rae's are a bit more worth getting envious over. Clearly Scandal was not expecting that.

Blades aside both are leader's of their respective teams the Psybarats and the Secret Six, both of which are criminal though not necessarily out and out evil. The two teams working together wouldn't be that far of a stretch either I'd think Superhackers and Mercenary groups could go hand in hand. Or hand into blade I suppose.

7) Tomorrow Woman by Uko Smith

I've been aware of Uko Smith's work for quite a few years but I never had either the funds or the opportunity to get a piece from him at the same time. Luck finally reaching me this con I was able to score this lovely piece of her in action. Psychics may be tough to have look "tough" but I think she looks amazing here.

For those interested in seeing them on CAF instead step right down here.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryN...&PI=18&Days=15
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	87052   Click image for larger version

Name:	f.jpg
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	87053   Click image for larger version

Name:	g.jpg
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	87054   Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	87055   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	87056  

Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	87057   Click image for larger version

Name:	d.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	87058  
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Nice stuff! Really like that Uko Smith Tomorrow Woman! Congrats!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote