Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #1
Tobor64
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Fleischer Superman on DVD

Here's great news (courtesy of Cartoon Brew) for those of us who've been waiting for high quality digital transfers of the Max & Dave Fleischer Superman cartoons from the 1940's:

Warner Bros. is finally releasing the classic Paramount Superman cartoons (1941-43) on a stand alone DVD set. These are the nine Max Fleischer sci-fi adventures and eight Famous Studios World War II flavored action epics as you’ve never seen them before. The two-disc collection will go on sale April 7th and will retail for $26.99 (and be available much cheaper on Amazon, at Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart).

Warner Bros. and DC Comics own the master negatives to these cartoons and the new restorations here are truly breathtaking. Warner Home Video previously released these only as bonus material on several Christopher Reeve Superman DVDs, but are releasing this special set due to popular demand. Throw away your Dollar Store dupes. This is the ultimate collection of these cartoons.
Tobor64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I already own the DVD that was released a few years ago. These new ones are totally remastered? I'm curious to see the difference. The set I'm really waiting for, if it ever happens, is the Ruby-Spears Superman from the 70s or 80's.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

I've had it for at least 2 years
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote