Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Exclamation Did anyone else watch LeBron tonight??????

un-freakin-believable ... I am speechless ... not just 48 points ... he scored the FINAL 25 POINTS for the Cavs in a double OT win ... all of his team's points in both OT periods ... I am telling you, it is like watching MJ ... and MJ never finished a game off like this

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:11 AM   #2
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i gave up on basketball when reggie miller ripped my heart out and destroyed the knicks. but lebron has gotten me to pay attention to this year's playoffs. he was a freak tonight, especially without the supporting cast MJ had. paxton, kerr, pippen, and grant were pretty good too.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:51 AM   #3
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

I missed it, I wanna watch it too!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #4
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thumbs up

he was a monster...won't put him in Jordan's class yet but he is on his way...incredible performance.
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #5
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car50n View Post
i gave up on basketball when reggie miller ripped my heart out and destroyed the knicks. but lebron has gotten me to pay attention to this year's playoffs. he was a freak tonight, especially without the supporting cast MJ had. paxton, kerr, pippen, and grant were pretty good too.
I wouldn't say that Jordan and Pippen had that much of a supporting cast, but they were well assembled to play off of Jordan and Pippen. For the most part, they haven't had much of a career after Jordan left. I always thought the Bulls were the perfect example of how to take a great player and build around him instead of trying to amass a ton of talent.

As far as talent, LeBron's probably got close to the same amount, if not more, around him than Jordan had, but his team simply isn't assembled as well as the Bulls of old.

But yeah, Bron didn't seem human last night; hopefully the Cavs make it to the finals.
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #6
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
he was a monster...won't put him in Jordan's class yet but he is on his way...incredible performance.
Agreed, you can't put LBJ in MJ's class yet because he doesn't have the body of work to compare ... but last night's game is definitely in MJ's class ... right at the top of all time great NBA playoff performances

CAF
Old 06-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #7
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatial.Archite View Post
I wouldn't say that Jordan and Pippen had that much of a supporting cast, but they were well assembled to play off of Jordan and Pippen. For the most part, they haven't had much of a career after Jordan left. I always thought the Bulls were the perfect example of how to take a great player and build around him instead of trying to amass a ton of talent.

As far as talent, LeBron's probably got close to the same amount, if not more, around him than Jordan had, but his team simply isn't assembled as well as the Bulls of old.

But yeah, Bron didn't seem human last night; hopefully the Cavs make it to the finals.
I would not agree there - LBJ's cast is not on par with MJ's crew ... neither were great supporting casts, but MJ's was better IMO ... only time will tell.

CAF
Old 06-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
Venom4131
Death is hereditary.

Bron was sick last night, but he isn't in the same world as MJ.

MJ had a will to win that went beyond any talent he had. Even if you WERE better than him (which no one was/is) he still wouldn't LET you win. The only person I've seen with close to that same will to win is Tiger Woods.
Venom4131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #9
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom4131 View Post
Bron was sick last night, but he isn't in the same world as MJ.

MJ had a will to win that went beyond any talent he had. Even if you WERE better than him (which no one was/is) he still wouldn't LET you win. The only person I've seen with close to that same will to win is Tiger Woods.

I guess you don't watch tennis then because Roger Feder is more dominating than Tiger.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #10
The Watcher
Loki

I used to think the Chicago Bulls had the brighter future but I'm not so sure anymore. The Cavaliers are a lot better than they were last year. They learn from their mistakes and are more patient. They would be great if they could get a top rated point guard.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote