Old 06-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Thoughts on this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100609/...atrol_shooting
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

don't confuse sadness for it being a young boy with the foundational principle being wronged here: illegal immigration entry into the U.S. Period.

He was in the wrong, sorry it happened, I wish they all were more worried about being caught or shot.

This is so ridiculous to even question, it's sad. I'm all for the continued civilian border agent efforts as well...anybody that's not, YOU feel free to move down there and have the drug trails/trafficking, and murders happen in YOUR backyard.

It's on its way up further north into this country every single day.

Wake the Frig Up, USA.
bomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
dr_teng

That would be a good point if there were actually a crime increase from illegal immigration, but there isn't. Illegal immigrants cause less crime than the general public, because they don't want to be discovered.

Anyways, as to the situation in the OP, it's quite unfortunate. I'd like to know more about the situation, since it said the agents may have been on the Mexican side of the border.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
That would be a good point if there were actually a crime increase from illegal immigration, but there isn't. Illegal immigrants cause less crime than the general public, because they don't want to be discovered.
um. so wrong. love to source your stats, lol. and hey, if that's not true, be sure to send me your new TX or AZ forwarding address, enjoy the lovely neighborhood.

in any case, this one is political already, so I see a thread close coming!
bomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomen View Post
um. so wrong. love to source your stats, lol. and hey, if that's not true, be sure to send me your new TX or AZ forwarding address, enjoy the lovely neighborhood.

in any case, this one is political already, so I see a thread close coming!
I wouldn't want to live in either TX or AZ even if there were absolutely zero crime, so that's a rather bizarre argument. California or Nevada though, maybe.

But sure, I've got handy links for my point.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...ce-mexico.html

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/05/27/r...rithmetic.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN246261520080226

Hope those help. The myth that illegal immigrants commit more crime has been a long standing one, unfortunately.

I can also link violent crime rates (including murder) in Texas and Arizona, if you'd like. They're lower than a fair few other states.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Illegal immigration has definitely increased crime here in the US, especially in the border states like Arizona. The drug trade and acts of violence through gangs like MS-13 have grown out of control. Mexico is now the number one trade route for all not US produced Crystal Meth from Central America as well as many other narcotics. Not to mention that entering any country, and I mean any country in the world, is a crime if done so illegally! It just crossing the border is a crime if done so in this manner.

LINK: Mexican 'Ice' Replaces Home-Cooked Meth in U.S.

Also...

LINK: Kidnapping Capital of the US....Phoenix Arizona

And I am now done with this thread since it will now become a political argument.

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
hawkeyethearcher

Quote:

Anyways, as to the situation in the OP, it's quite unfortunate. I'd like to know more about the situation, since it said the agents may have been on the Mexican side of the border.
i threwup from laughing so hard. 100% off illegal immgrants commit a crime. so yes every time they come here they are increasing the crime rate
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Good! It's about time we send a message to ILLEGALS that there WILL be consequences if you try to come into this country ILLEGALLY! Let Mexico be mad at us. What are they going to do? Send MORE illegals or drugs over?
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
hawkeyethearcher

from what i read no one was coming here. we were on our side and they were on there side and they threw rocks here. this guys couldn't have gotten on there bikes and got out of the way. i think this guy is in trouble unless he was knocked off his bike and couldn't get away from all those rocks. bullets travel a lot farther then rocks.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Coming here illegally is a crime in itself... stop and think before you post.

We've had this discussion before; at least you're not citing "facts" you've found on the internet as being your own statements, anymore.. so.. that's a step in the right direction.

Thinking immigrants don't commit as many crimes is ridiculous.. it's BECAUSE they're undocumented that makes it so much easier for them to get away with so much; they exact opposite of the rationale you just gave; most people of similar ethnicity to the illegals even complain of this, as the "bad seeds" make the people who are here legally "look bad", understandably.. and unfairly.

It's been a while since you posted any of your comedy, Teng; welcome back.

Quote:
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote