Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 11-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
enzo
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Starting a custom CM

Hi All,,

I have sculpted alot when I was a kid and in high school but have been out of the game for some time now and out of touch...

I am currently going to be working on a fully custom han solo CM style,, I have a friend that is going to be sculpting me a head in silicon (bald) so I will be punching my own hair and putting my own glass eyes in...

I will be sculpting the whole body myself and then sewing clothes to place on top of the sculpt, I have just purchased the han solo a 1/3 scale to go with him,..

But my question is waht is the best clay I should use to do the body with,, I plan to work on this for awhile and I am no hurry to finish it, so perhaps something that will stand the test of time and will be really strong when dried and or baked,, then do I bake it when I am done or just let it dry??? any help would be much appreciated,,like I said just need info on what materials to use for the body and how to go about getting the best outcome...

thanks so much in advance.... it is greatly appreciated..
enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Voshizle@gmail.

Sorry man but you are gonna get no responses on this when the whole post is about re-casting.
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #3
Mirak
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Sound like a cool project Enz

I think you should use supersculpey for the body , it won't dry as long that it isn't baked !
Don't forget to build a wireframe (in the pose you want him) before you start sculpting !
Mirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
enzo

thanks mirak. will do,,, I have never used super sculpty but have heard alot about it..
Old 11-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #5
Voshizle@gmail.

So now your friend is sculpting you a head instead of making a cast off of his Indy CM? And you're not re-casting the hands either? That's good to hear. Also let me know how your friend manages to sculpt silicon.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
enzo

How and what I do to get it is of none of your concern,,, the question at hand is the type of clay or sculpty to use...
Old 11-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Voshizle@gmail.

Well re-casters are basically the lowest of the low so you probably shouldn't advertise yourself as such if you're looking for help on this forum. We're more the honest type. But as far as materials go sculpey would probably be good you'd just want to cast it in a more durable material for it to last. Shouldn't have to much trouble with the casting part though, looks like you've got that part down
Old 11-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
enzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voshizle@gmail. View Post
Well re-casters are basically the lowest of the low so you probably shouldn't advertise yourself as such if you're looking for help on this forum. We're more the honest type. But as far as materials go sculpey would probably be good you'd just want to cast it in a more durable material for it to last. Shouldn't have to much trouble with the casting part though, looks like you've got that part down
looks like from your establish date that I have been on this forum a good 3 years before you have,, I am well aware of the way it works around here, and as far as honest people go,, I am about as honest as they come, I am not looking to profit from anything, I am looking to make a custom piece for my 1/3 collection.. Thanks for the info on the sculpty that is just what I need ed to know...
Old 11-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #9
Voshizle@gmail.

You are very welcome sir. Although if you're more comfortable with it some form of earth clay would probably be cheaper.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
Voshizle@gmail.

Also all the info you need is more than likely in the stickies at the top of this very section. But I'm sure you were well aware of that, being here for an amazing 3 more years than me and such. Some good tuts and examples.