Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: would you be interested in a samurai inspired original property line?
YES 13 39.39%
NO 20 60.61%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2016, 06:11 PM   #1
SONICobra
Batman

would you be interested in an original character samurai line from XM?

these are incredible designs, I would love to see these as a stand alone original line with original characters / designs. these are stylized versions of dc characters, personally I cant afford "non-definitive" versions of characters at $800-1200+ shipped

these designs as an original property with no licensing fees and no regional restrictions would be incredible. what do you guys think?

[/QUOTE]

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:14 PM   #2
SONICobra
Batman

it could be similar as the cotd line - meaning they could be male, female, big, small, monsters, humans... the possibilities are literally endless
Old 04-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Just give me Silver Samurai...."Bane" looks awesome there though lol
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #4
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Im sure you will see something similarly done with their Ever After line to be revealed probably later this year at STGCC. Seems like there are big plans for it...so we will all have to wait and see.

I can tell you though...that if you follow Ben and / or Bryan on facebook...there are some pretty spectacular artwork of various artists they post up...and I am pretty good at reading between the lines so to speak. My hope is that some of these fascinating artists they have been posting / sharing on facebook is just a sign of possible things to come. It is not far fetched to think some of these artists are directly working with XM studios on future concepts for their Fairytale line.

Here is an example of some of the artists and artwork posted. I think when they post this stuff up...it goes right over their heads...because I don't see many comments.

NOTE: Pictures below are not XM but are works of the respective artists with their pics shown below their names.

Bryan Tan shared Wallpapers and Artworks's album: The Outstanding Art of Guangjian Huang.

Bryan Tan shared Wallpapers and Artworks's album: The Art of Brandon Jeung.

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #5
SONICobra
Batman

yeah id be down for stuff like that too, fairy tales not so much
Old 04-25-2016, 02:41 AM   #6
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
What do you think that stuff is?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #7
SONICobra
Batman

I was referring to their "twisted" fair tale line with little red riding hood and such
Old 04-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #8
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
these are incredible designs, I would love to see these as a stand alone original line with original characters / designs. these are stylized versions of dc characters, personally I cant afford "non-definitive" versions of characters at $800-1200+ shipped

these designs as an original property with no licensing fees and no regional restrictions would be incredible. what do you guys think?
Interesting question and topic as this seems like something right up XM's alley. As much as I trust their ability to come up with kick ass original concepts, I voted no on the poll since I don't see myself dropping this kind of coin on some characters I have no prior attachment to regardless of how awesome they turn out like some COTD pieces.
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #9
SONICobra
Batman

well I was hoping that if it was an original property and had a world wide license prices would be much lower (~$500) and would be available through stateside retailers at a much lower shipping cost

I thought it would be awesome but it appears I was in the minority lol
Old 04-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #10
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well... I like looking at statues, and XM is making some of my fav statues to look at. So as far as that goes, sure that would be awesome. But I would never purchase one.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote