Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-04-2024, 12:40 PM   #1
Igo
Producer
Producer

IGO & TWEETERHEAD - STILL HERE!

I know it's been brought up in other social medias, but just to kind of set the record straight HERE (since I consider myself a nerd of this community.)

With the announcement of ReVenture, I want to assure everyone I am still VERY MUCH involved with Tweeterhead. Working with Chad takes up the vast majority of my time, and like I told others, we found out last year that it wasnt quite "full time" type of work. It became about 20-30 hours of work a week for me, and I like staying busy, REALLY busy, and Chad knew this and encouraged me to do other stuff, work with other companies, whatever, he was super supportive of anything I wanted to do.

Todd and I have been "online friends" for a few years, and saw each other real quick in passing at cons, and last year at SDCC we actually had time to hang out and chat. Through that I found that he really wanted to make statues, he had already made one and wanted to do more... so after a few discussions over the next few months, we thought it'd be cool to team up and "reboot" ReVenture, and we got the Frazetta license.

Chad knew all of this, was super supportive of it, and just asked me to NEVER abandon the MOTU lines with TH specifically, and obviously keep working Myths & Monsters too. Both are still rolling, just one is way more involved and has more momentum than the other, but both are still very much alive.

I do ALSO have "IgoStuff" (which was mentioned in a thread here) which is 100% my own company, where I can make the most random 80's toy weirdness with all the amazing artists Ive come to know over my almost 18 years of working in the collectibles industry. I LOVE toys, I love creating new worlds, Id be lying if I said this wasnt my most favorite thing I do, it is, because it's me working on my own stuff with the best people, what's not to be uber stoked with about that?

So yah, I am busier than ever, and Im glad MOST of my time is still with Tweeterhead, making the stuff from my childhood a reality. I get to play a little with DC stuff here and there, that's mostly Chad's baby, we like to divide and conquer, and if he needs help with something, Im there to help out.

Anyways, I just wanted to make sure this is all out there, so no one thinks Im leaving Tweeterhead any time soon, unless people suddenly completely stop buying MOTU, which I hope never ever EVER happens.... I still got a Snout Spout to make! (year 12).

Anyways, any questions I can answer I will, otherwise I hope that helps!
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 12:52 PM   #2
qz33
Baron Zemo

I think people do not realize how a lot of statue production works.

Even for ReVenture's 1st piece you aren't the main sculptor so it's not like you are spending 10 of your hours 6-7 days a week trying to make each new statue.

Also I think people see statue "companies" as way too formal. As 3D printing becomes more and more accessible I think there will be a lot more of a few people coming to together to make some stuff then going off with other people and making different stuff.
Just wait till A.I. hits sculpting software in full force...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 01:15 PM   #3
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Keep on rockin', Igo. Sounds like you're having a good time.

Oh, and please consider a Faker variant when you get around to revisiting He-Man. I'm going to keep saying it...at every opportunity.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 01:17 PM   #4
qz33
Baron Zemo

Nah Faker gets his own sculpt!!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 04:42 PM   #5
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Nah Faker gets his own sculpt!!
I'm down. Whatever it takes.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 05:07 PM   #6
Mister H
Ultimates

What are the chances of a 1/4 scale Conan?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 05:25 PM   #7
SONICobra
Batman

looking forward to more MOTU and thundercats, aside from sorceress do you think any more statues from either line will go up for order this year? doesnt have to be character specific

ps. cant wait for MONSTORS and dino-mash! just picked up a 7" monster-mash from mark newman but would be down for a full size finished production piece too
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 05:31 PM   #8
Colossus7
Doh!

What about the THUNDERCATS line?!!����
Colossus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 05:36 PM   #9
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus7 View Post
What about the THUNDERCATS line?!!����
Feels like this line is on life support. Just speculating but I don't think Panthro has sold well (at least based on this forum and FaceBook chatter).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 10:29 PM   #10
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Thank you Mr Igo & Chad!!! Motu & Myths & Monsters are 2 dream lines for me!!!
My favorite MOTU character is Clawful!
Buzz off flying through the air would rock
And although I know he's not your favorite character, I think Tri klops to go with Trap Jaw is a must, I always connected those 2, I guess because they were side by side on the old cardback
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote