Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 10-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
crystalbaud
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Removing blade from ForceFX saber

Has anyone ever pondered doing this? I've seen people dissect these sabers down to the very last screw but wouldn't dare do it myself. I love seeing the saber sans blade when displayed but don't have the heart to drop $400 for 'em. Just curious if it's ever crossed anyone's mind.
crystalbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:18 AM   #2
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I'd never maim my sabers! :thumbs:
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 AM   #3
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

well i broke a Luke ROTJ Fx once. smacked it against a Windu one, which hit the Luke right near the hilt. so that's where it cracked.

most of the crack was inside the hilt and the blade didn't even fall out. it just tilted to the side at an angle but stayed lit, lol. but you could pull the blade out and see the led strip. you'd have to cut that off too if you just wanted to display the saber hilt alone.

i've no idea how to remove the blade without cracking it though. gd luck
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 AM   #4
big al
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

a lot of e bay sellers are selling e books on how to make the sabers ultra bright, so they must know how to correctly take one apart, though I wouldnt do it myself, there are loads of prop stores that sell the saber hilts, but non make ones, if youwere desperate enough for a hilt id do that instead, save ruining the FX one.
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 AM   #5
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

This is the only tutorial I have ever found but I'm sure their are others, it's just very very hard to find them.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/art_vaderESBtutorial.htm

What this tutorial does show us is how the blade slides out. So whichever saber your looking to modify just try and look for a logical way you can remove the blade through gathering idea from the above tutorial.

Hope this helps a little. Let us know if you ever manage it.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
big al
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

also, If i were going to do this, I would not do it with Lukes ROTJ saber, or Obi wans, as they are not accurate props. ALso, try it with Luke Ep 4, Vader or Yoda as the other ones are expensive now, so dont want to wreck themm til you know what your doing!
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
crystalbaud
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al View Post
also, If i were going to do this, I would not do it with Lukes ROTJ saber, or Obi wans, as they are not accurate props. ALso, try it with Luke Ep 4, Vader or Yoda as the other ones are expensive now, so dont want to wreck themm til you know what your doing!
I know. If I were to ever really try it, the only one I could think of attempting surgery on is Yodas. I have Anakins saber now but really don't want to touch it.
crystalbaud is offline   Reply With Quote