Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #641
ratchet
Mandarin

I don't think any of the gamma bros are taking this subject too seriously - but you other guys who are getting bent out of shape about this are being ridiculous.

These are comics - fantasies - you defend your position and we defend ours - but to get irritated over it? That's just silly.

The Hulk has done the unthinkable in the past - and do I think someone could write a great story where the Hulk beats the destroyer armor? Sure. And it would be great to read it from my standpoint. I feel like some of you would have a hernia over reading it.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #642
Makkari1
Cyclops

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	76924  
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #643
ratchet
Mandarin

"Please Let the Beating Stop Already!"

LOL - that's what the Destroyer's controller would be thinking as the Hulk pummeled it!

Old 02-15-2013, 03:17 AM   #644
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I don't think any of the gamma bros are taking this subject too seriously - but you other guys who are getting bent out of shape about this are being ridiculous.

These are comics - fantasies - you defend your position and we defend ours - but to get irritated over it? That's just silly.

The Hulk has done the unthinkable in the past - and do I think someone could write a great story where the Hulk beats the destroyer armor? Sure. And it would be great to read it from my standpoint. I feel like some of you would have a hernia over reading it.
I know they are just fantasies, and I don't take things too seriously (much), but don't you think you can still get (slightly) irritated by people who keep repeating silly nonsense? For instance: on any vs. thread i've read so far, no matter if it is Galactus vs Darkseid, people answer with "Batman". This was funny at first. But now, after probably the 20th time, (to me at least) it gets annoying, don't you agree?

And I have no problem with the Hulk beating the Destroyer, if it's a well written story, and if it makes some kind of (comics) sense. Thor defeats the Destroyer all the time, but seldom/never in a physical fight. For instance: Spider-Man defeated the Juggernaut, even though Juggy is WAAAAAY out of Spidey's league. I loved it. I have no problems with it. Spidey simply out-witted Juggy. Case closed. But on the other hand you also have the Black Panther defeating the Silver Surfer with a chokehold. Don't you agree that this is awful writing?

Look, all i'm saying is this: I have no dog in this fight, i'm not a Hulk-hater, but I try to look at vs. threads as objectively as possible. And my opinion is that the Destroyer should win this fight. Not because I want to. I simply try to look at all the facts that I know of, and make a judgement call. I have one-and-a-half of those "Comic Defense System" boxes full of various Hulk comics. I have perhaps 2 single comics with the destroyer in them. I think it's safe to say the Hulk is higher in my "like" scale than the Destroyer. But looking at the facts, the Destroyer should win, at least in a straight-up fight. Thats it.
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #645
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
"Please Let the Beating Stop Already!"

LOL - that's what the Destroyer's controller would be thinking as the Hulk pummeled it!

You means when the Hulk pummeled the Destroyer's fist with his face?
"You...have...No....chance".
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #646
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

In Thor 300, the Destroyer armor was itself destroyed by eight Celestials.

Since the Hulk is as potentially as strong as 11 Celestials, then it stands to reason he could destroy the Destroyer.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #647
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Since the Hulk is as potentially as strong as 11 Celestials, then it stands to reason he could destroy the Destroyer.
Agreed.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #648
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Agreed.
I agree with your agreement
Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #649
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
In Thor 300, the Destroyer armor was itself destroyed by eight Celestials.

I cannot tell the difference between serious and not serious in this thread anymore, so I'm asking this carefully. But the Hulk is as strong as 11 Celestials? Where/when was this fact mentioned?
just curious.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #650
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Incredible Hulk Vol I, #242

"... possessing strength greater than the combined Fourth Host of Celestials"

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk/29-226...ble/92-749271/

So, therefore, as 11 > 8 then logic would dictate that The Hulk could take the Destroyer!
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote